joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December pattern discussion, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much surprise, thou kev not getting above 26-27 was prob the coolest you could have expected for his high today, also seeing it snow now into taunton is something many thought would be wasted qpf by mid pm in se mass

I didn't expect most of Boston outside of BOS to remain below freezing.  And now even BOS is there again.

KBOS 262024Z 29009KT 3/4SM R04R/4500VP6000FT -SN BR FEW006 OVC011 M01/M02 A3010 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 2 RAE10SNB00 P0002

I didn't expect most of Boston outside of BOS to remain below freezing.  And now even BOS is there again.

KBOS 262024Z 29009KT 3/4SM R04R/4500VP6000FT -SN BR FEW006 OVC011 M01/M02 A3010 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 2 RAE10SNB00 P0002

Some of the mesos had a flip back, but when it's so cold aloft...it's not surprising. Notice the wind shift. That helps.

Some of the mesos had a flip back, but when it's so cold aloft...it's not surprising. Notice the wind shift. That helps.

Yep.  As soon as winds went offshore it happened.  But the taint here in the Pike area really was confined to the immediate shore roads it seems even though alot of it was SSE taint.

West side of town had a good burst this morning according to other poster. That area was shown on meso's yesterday to have a nice finger of precip 7-10 am or so and they got it.

Yeah, real nice job by the meso's picking that up. Pretty much spot on. I got about half an inch, I was on the edge of the band but still got it pretty good for a little but. Cutoff was incredibly sharp, drove a few miles east and it was more flurries with no real visible accums.

Pretty cool, I think rehoboth and Dighton to my southwest got a little more relatively speaking of course with amounts so small.

Washed away though

My god look at this point and click 'cast for Hibbings MN

• Late AfternoonSnow. High near 29. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
  • TonightSnow with areas of blowing snow before midnight, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between midnight and 2am. Low around -24. Wind chill values between -30 and -40. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
  • SundaySunny and cold, with a high near -11. Wind chill values between -35 and -45. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
  • Sunday NightMostly clear, with a low around -29. Wind chill values between -35 and -45. West wind around 5 mph.
  • MondayMostly sunny and cold, with a high near -7. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
  • Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around -30.
  • TuesdaySunny and cold, with a high near -11.
  • Tuesday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around -28.
  • New Year's DayPartly sunny and cold, with a high near -5.
  • Wednesday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around -21.
  • ThursdayMostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0.
  • Thursday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
  • FridayA chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 12.
  • Friday NightA chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 5.
  • SaturdayPartly sunny, with a high near 14.

My god look at this point and click 'cast for Hibbings MN

Late AfternoonSnow. High near 29. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

TonightSnow with areas of blowing snow before midnight, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between midnight and 2am. Low around -24. Wind chill values between -30 and -40. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

SundaySunny and cold, with a high near -11. Wind chill values between -35 and -45. Northwest wind around 10 mph.

Sunday NightMostly clear, with a low around -29. Wind chill values between -35 and -45. West wind around 5 mph.

MondayMostly sunny and cold, with a high near -7. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around -30.

TuesdaySunny and cold, with a high near -11.

Tuesday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around -28.

New Year's DayPartly sunny and cold, with a high near -5.

Wednesday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around -21.

ThursdayMostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0.

Thursday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around -12.

FridayA chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 12.

Friday NightA chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 5.

SaturdayPartly sunny, with a high near 14.

Dylan is of hearty stock...lol.

Archived