Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question regards the potential interaction with the baroclinic zone and the MSLP.  What happens between these two and does the second shortwave induce a low pressure further off the coast, but allows the precip shield to develop over the outer waters and then crash into the coastline as low pressure deepens, or does the first shortwave induced MSLP take over the show enough to keep the baroclinic zone from impacting the coastline?  The 12z meso models forecast 3" of QPF along the baroclinic axis, but NAM shows no comma head until further northeast into Downeast ME and Nova Scotia, Canada; does this actually end up impacting the coastline?

I don't really buy a warm solution. An even if it did warm, the lift is through the good DGZ. I'll take a thump and a few drops of rain. I sort of like my location for now. Maybe it changes, just my thoughts.

I think the SREFs are overplaying the low level warmth and screwing up the snow probs.  Look a bit low.

Before we go crazy, we are forecasting exactly 4.1" for GYX, 4.6" for PWM, 3.6" for CON, just to give you an idea of where we fall in those ranges. Midcoast does actually have 6-8" totals though, they are sitting in a good spot.

I know ALL about the ranges, I see i got carved out of the 4-6", Mid coast to DE usually do quite well in these............. ;)

Archived