amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty solid consensus right now on a track/qpf.  Any idea of surface temps?  I think the GFS is a tad warm.

I think the  4km BTV WRF will have a solid handle

most models show a CF and most other keep the 35F line from say E PYM county over to outer cape and touching scituate on s shore on a cpl of them also cape ann seems to be mild

This event looks like a widespread 2-6" for SNE to me...maybe someone pulls a 7-spot if a fluff band develops, but ya'll are going to drive yourselves crazy trying to pin this down to within an inch or two, or talking about sucker holes, etc.

I'd just ride with a 2-6" snowfall and see what happens tomorrow.

Euro?

NYC crowd doesn't like it

says it's furthest north. anyway I'm not running with it this storm either way...scoot's says it's solid hit for most anyway.....I think u go above 33F on it around 4-8pm thou

that's what most meso's are showing that I've seen

like I posted on last page I violently agree with this QPF distribution

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller/Image.php?fhr=048ℑ=data%2Fhrw-nmm%2F12%2Fhrw-nmm_eus_048_precip_p48.gif&model=hrw-nmm-eus&area=eus&param=precip_p48&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=

WIll are you thinking the potential for more in NE mass is slim

Def can't rule out a couple 5 and 6 spots in E MA if this blows up as it exits stage right. But I'd stay in the 2-4/3-5 range for now for E MA and RI (gotta watch the BL in S RI and far SE MA)

Def can't rule out a couple 5 and 6 spots in E MA if this blows up as it exits stage right. But I'd stay in the 2-4/3-5 range for now for E MA and RI (gotta watch the BL in S RI and far SE MA)

I guess I'm saying I could see some sick bands over E mass from 4-8pm and where they set up I could see 7-8 spots.....some of the plume's support this idea. now nobody would forecast it...but that someone may well get it ..if banding develops

Archived