Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny though Scott...for all the advances in models here we are 36 hours out and nothing is decided.

more like 24 hours when this thing gets cranking se of nyc.  midday models will get this cleared up or else we get a moment by moment call based on hourly models and satellite.  I like when you do that.  It has been a little while...

more like 24 hours when this thing gets cranking se of nyc.  midday models will get this cleared up or else we get a moment by moment call based on hourly models and satellite.  I like when you do that.  It has been a little while...

We'll see right now it doesn't look that interesting to me down here.

I feel 99.9999% confident I'm not getting hours of ZR.

That's good.

What's going on at Harvard?

1-3"/2-4" looks pretty good right now with spots to 5-6" N & W of BOS/ PVD, Less as you get up into NNE(save for coastal areas). 

I have visions of that 2012 mini snow bomb that hit you guys in January. This may be a colder version to start, but to me, this looks like something where on radar you'll have that mini comma head look moving over SE MA.  These little lows that develop near LI have a mini MCV looking feature with them. You can see it on sim radar too. That's why your TTs are so high. COld airmass with high octane injection of Atlantic moisture. It may make for a narrow but very potent band of snow moving through.

I have visions of that 2012 mini snow bomb that hit you guys in January. This may be a colder version to start, but to me, this looks like something where on radar you'll have that mini comma head look moving over SE MA.  These little lows that develop near LI have a mini MCV looking feature with them. You can see it on sim radar too. That's why your TTs are so high. COld airmass with high octane injection of Atlantic moisture. It may make for a narrow but very potent band of snow moving through.

Had many of those 95/96.

Don't disagree in your thoughts.  I also think there will be a mid-level deformation band as well.  That's where it will be a true fluff special.  20:1 type stuff.

I wonder if the RGEM is onto something with this system.  IE, is this second s/w going to be enough to almost slow the system down and drag it maybe a little further north. 

It isn't far from slowing for several hours in a prime position but as it is now 1-3" and coastal NH and ME cash in again.

It looks to me as if it definitely trended more south overall this run, the low track definitely appeared more east over SNE than its 00Z run last night

Archived