• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
12/14 Bad Pattern Storm Obs.

PDIII

Ouch Ian. I was wondering about the band.moving your way. I'll prob b done here shortly too then

You might be better.. we didn't have any precip all day.. sfc is too warm at this pt.  If it lasted we might mix but we're in a battle against time, plus the best I could do is like mid-30s and flakes.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ELI5 (For Redditors)

Why do the North facing pavements cover with snow first? Thanks

Sun angle I would suppose.

if they are near buildings they get like no sun in winter.. even without pretty limited

if they are near buildings they get like no sun in winter.. even without pretty limited

Thanks Ian. Just drove through the neighborhood here and North facing driveways are covered now while all others are marginal and still wet. I guess even with the clouds the sun still has that much impact? May be influence on daily heating?

Thanks Ian. Just drove through the neighborhood here and North facing driveways are covered now while all others are marginal and still wet. I guess even with the clouds the sun still has that much impact? May be influence on daily heating?

Even at minimal sun angle there is some impact from the sun even through clouds. It's pretty minor but you'll notice it at marginal temps.

Archived