12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 17th Clipper Potential

Radders

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anthony you are a model weenie i have to give that to you, always rooting on for the snow. Yea your right for the pattern were in we are getting some nickel and dime snow events that are slowing adding to our season totals so far ;)

Reminds me of January of 2009. We had a lot of nickel and dime events.

LOL, GFS tries to pull an inverted trof behind the storm too, can't make this stuff up

Hilarious. So now the NAM, GFS, RGEM are all in agreement for a decent snow event again for about the same places that just got hit. 

IF we can eek out 5" or so on top of the 6-12" area wide and things don't torch too, too much, perhaps an outside shot that this would be enough snow for a White Christmas?

Hilarious. So now the NAM, GFS, RGEM are all in agreement for a decent snow event again for about the same places that just got hit.

IF we can eek out 5" or so on top of the 6-12" area wide and things don't torch too, too much, perhaps an outside shot that this would be enough snow for a White Christmas?

I wouldn't jump the gun yet on the clipper as these events typical favor SNE more so than around here, but I do like the trends. If this can keep digging further south than we would be in for quite a surprise.

These can sometimes be quite explosive as well and that's often caught as we get closer by the models, perhaps that's what's going on now.

I wouldn't jump the gun yet on the clipper as these events typical favor SNE more so than around here, but I do like the trends. If this can keep digging further south than we would be in for quite a surprise.

These can sometimes be quite explosive as well and that's often caught as we get closer by the models, perhaps that's what's going on now.

absolutely.  i remember many, many busts and a few major surprises.  IF it surprises, I like where i am in NW NJ... 

Can we get lucky twice in the same week?

To me, the best part of this winter so far (well, late fall) is that there has been something to track since before Thanksgiving non stop.  I can't remember that being the case too often...

Only 93 94. One break after another. Started w an ice storm in nov and every storm from 5 days out trended our way

Just looking at the surface temps around the area mon nite into tues morning almost everyone is in the mid to upper 20s except eastern Long Island and southern NJ where they are close to freezing. But looks to be .3 inches if liquid thru minus 3 to 5 air. Looks like 2 to 4 from the first one accross the whole area.

Hope the Euro agrees.

To me, the best part of this winter so far (well, late fall) is that there has been something to track since before Thanksgiving non stop.  I can't remember that being the case too often...

1993-1994, 1995-1996, 2002-2003, 2003-2004 (first half) then 2004-2005 (second half) then of course, 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. And the second half of 2012-2013 (February 2013 and March 2013).

If tracked and timed right, this can be quite explosive for our area and southern New England-the instant it hits Atlantic moisture, this can create quite a nice snow event for 6-10 hours or so.

Absolutely, I'm optimistic but still reasonable about this, this looks good just north of this area as of now.

Haven't really paid attention to this until now, but some of the models such as the RGEM show a few hour period where there could be very heavy snow especially from the city across Long Island. Could be a "payback" storm for those who lost all their snow from last night.

Archived