joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do y'all think about having an "Upcoming Events" type thread? It might be a nice catch-all for these little marginal events as oppose to making a bunch of dated event threads. Regardless, we need somewhere to talk about this weekend's flizzard.

Sounds good to me, light it up Stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda glad they did this.  I know we're technically still in the "Southeast" but as someone said, weather on this side of the Apps can be pretty different than east of the Apps.  I always get a little jealous of their CAD opportunities when all I can expect is a nice southerly wind with temps in the 40's and 50's.  :cry:

Hey, is Arkansas considered part of the TN valley?  That's where the winter's been so far.  Snow and ice.

I'm considering adjusting the scope to be the TN/MS Valley region so we can include parts of Arkansas and LA.  What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Evidently very few like change.  Great to have a TN Valley thread.  Now bring on the cold and storms.

greedy lol.  just kidding - i guess i will have to book mark this thread now :) i just hate to see yall go from the se one.  hopefully yall will still pop in there..stovepipe you better not forget us :sled:

Winter was cancelled in the se forum. Are we still having winter is this part of the world?

traitor :) how dare you post here in not the se thread :rambo:  so if franklin is part of the tn valley and i am in ne ga does that mean i am too. i mean you are like an hour or so from mby

I'm considering adjusting the scope to be the TN/MS Valley region so we can include parts of Arkansas and LA.  What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Can we please include extreme NW GA? I live in Dalton, GA and our local news based in Chattanooga TN has always said it's entire viewing area is in the TN Valley.

Respectfully, Arkansas and LA does not make much sense.  I would put LA in a GOM region.  I think the TN Valley covers a good solid portion of the country and has a similar climate.  West of the Big Muddy begins to encompass too much I think.   Looks good as it is. 

I think I would like for eastern arkansas and maybe even the boothill area of missouri to be included, for middle and west tenn our weather usually comes from that area. Just my 2 cents, anyway I love what you did here. it is hard to get a gauge on the southest forum as most are on the eastern side of the mountains where the weather can be totally different. The southeastern ridge can sometime benefit the tennessee valley area in some situations.

Archived