joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I just hope it is locking onto a pattern, model runs could still flip a little but so far I like how it seems to be pointing toward cold with a possible active southern jet. If the AO starts heading strongly negative with the PNA going slightly positive maybe we see the NAO head into neg. territory and get us a blocking pattern. At least we have strong signals hinting that we are headed in that direction after 2 boring years of winter weather. It's time for old man winter to rock the mid south, here's hoping for a winter to remember!!

Neil Diamond once asked, in a song, When does Jerusalem close? I think there is your answer, lol!

A friend of mine, actually from Alabama, sent me these from Jerusalem.  He took the pics.  I though about creating a SE pic thread, but I have already created two threads.  That is enough for now.  He lives there....Huge snow for them. 

I would bet on the upcoming weekend threat to develop into something wintry. I am taking my son to get his drivers license on Monday (Heaven help us all) and it has to snow for that! Also, my daughter flies back into TRI from a mid-semester trip on the 2nd...so both upcoming opportunities for the TN Valley are a mixed blessing for me!

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone on the TN Valley board! Thank y'all for all your posts...

I would bet on the upcoming weekend threat to develop into something wintry. I am taking my son to get his drivers license on Monday (Heaven help us all) and it has to snow for that! Also, my daughter flies back into TRI from a mid-semester trip on the 2nd...so both upcoming opportunities for the TN Valley are a mixed blessing for me! A belated Merry Christmas to everyone on the TN Valley board! Thank y'all for all your posts...

I can't see the weekend threat having anything wintry with it.  It seems to me the low in the lakes pretty much all but smashes that chance.  It's a perfect track though.  Maybe next week we can score another weak Miller A with a perfect track.

For just two weeks as a forum, that is pretty good body of work. Great job, everyone! Good looking main page. Getting a few more active members from w TN and Nashville putting more posters in the mix.

After 14 days the Tennessee Valley subforum stats:

11 topics

570 replies

11,426 page views

....All during a benign pattern. Not bad.

I would bet on the upcoming weekend threat to develop into something wintry. I am taking my son to get his drivers license on Monday (Heaven help us all) and it has to snow for that! Also, my daughter flies back into TRI from a mid-semester trip on the 2nd...so both upcoming opportunities for the TN Valley are a mixed blessing for me!

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone on the TN Valley board! Thank y'all for all your posts...

If it stays as is this weekend, we are wet. If it was to really deepen, who knows? Looks like one or two minor events. Jeff hadd a great write-up in pattern thread. You are a busy man! White knuckles.

I could only imagine seeing this much juice coming from the gulf into an arctic or (cold enough) air mass next week.  It's amazing how juiced up this fairly weak Miller A has become.

Hopefully the Euro is wrong in holding the energy out west or right now it's a weak system,but it's all snow for the valley right now(knock on wood)

edit:I'm talking about the the 2nd sytem around the 5th,man that's close to being a trip phase

Archived