• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

Isopycnic

I kinda wonder if it's about to get quiet around here for a while, lol. Keep the faith. Even if it takes a month to shake things up, then that puts us in the heart of winter.

Like you posted in the Pattern thread, it would be nice to see the Atlantic stumble a bit. The state of the stratosphere might preclude that for a while though. Anyway, the LR is not looking so hot right now.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like you posted in the Pattern thread, it would be nice to see the Atlantic stumble a bit. The state of the stratosphere might preclude that for a while though. Anyway, the LR is not looking so hot right now.

Good I don't like it too hot  in the winter. If it's not going to snow I want it to be sunny and warm, I hate cold and rainy! #Brickbot

Do they have the euro stove? Last I heard they were looking into it.

SyKXJbI.jpg

Euro support could be better, hopefully that add to it.  I just like the way everything is organized.  I can absorb all of the model runs a hell of a lot faster than I can fumbling around on NCEP or AccuPro.  If they could incorporate text output for Euro, GFS, and NAM I'd never leave the site.

Wifes mom is over until Christmas so now i've got to listen to 1940 christmas music  until then :cry:

She even brought a library of tapes :axe:

I love history (especially WW2 era) so the 40's Christmas music would be okay with me. LOL  Hope you make it through it Jaxjagman!

On a historical note, 69 years ago today began the Battle of the Bulge when 200,000 Germans launched a surprise attack through the Ardennes during one of the coldest winters on record. The battle lasted until 25 January 1945 and cost 19,000 American lives. 47,000 were wounded and 23,000 missing/captured. My Great Uncle died fighting south of the Bulge on 4 January 1945. Just wanted to take a moment to remember those valiant men who gave so much for us!

I finally bit the bullet and subscribed to the Model Center.  I'm really digging the layout!  Not sure why I waited as long as I did, it's totally worth it.

It's the best model output layout I have found. I agree, just a few more additions and you wouldn't need ANYTHING else. They are always adding things, so hopefully they move toward more Euro data in the future.

I love history (especially WW2 era) so the 40's Christmas music would be okay with me. LOL  Hope you make it through it Jaxjagman!

On a historical note, 69 years ago today began the Battle of the Bulge when 200,000 Germans launched a surprise attack through the Ardennes during one of the coldest winters on record. The battle lasted until 25 January 1945 and cost 19,000 American lives. 47,000 were wounded and 23,000 missing/captured. My Great Uncle died fighting south of the Bulge on 4 January 1945. Just wanted to take a moment to remember those valiant men who gave so much for us!

I watched The War by Ken Burns a few weeks back on Netflix.  Man what an awesome documentary series.  I love history as well and it's good to be reminded ever so often just what all went down during that awful war.

Nice Stove! I have not tried Woodford Reserve. I'm a Buffalo Trace man at the moment. Will put Woodford Reserve on my "to do" list!

Bought a bottle for the first time last month after hearing people praise it for years, I was not disappointed. 

Here is Stephen Fry visiting the distillery, cracks me up every time I see it:

I kinda wonder if it's about to get quiet around here for a while, lol.  Keep the faith.  Even if it takes a month to shake things up, then that puts us in the heart of winter. 

Nah.  We all like having our own forum.  Should carry us for a while.  I have been at work....just now brushed four sets of teeth, and have given four baths.  Weekdays, this is my posting time!

Geez man, two wear me out I can't imagine four!  Much respect.  *brofist*

Made me forget how to spell "four!"   Fixed.  They are great.  We are really blessed.  You all might not remember, but our youngest came home from the hospital(after being born) last year in the thundersnow event.  Thunder cracked right as we hit the doorstep.   She is a snow baby.  We all pray for snow when we say our prayers.  And we are specific, "Please God, make it snow...deep."   

Made me forget how to spell "four!"   Fixed.  They are great.  We are really blessed.  You all might not remember, but our youngest came home from the hospital(after being born) last year in the thundersnow event.  Thunder cracked right as we hit the doorstep.   She is a snow baby.  We all pray for snow when we say our prayers.  And we are specific, "Please God, make it snow...deep."   

qKz0rbv.jpg

Seriously, what a cool set of circumstances!

SyKXJbI.jpg

Euro support could be better, hopefully that add to it.  I just like the way everything is organized.  I can absorb all of the model runs a hell of a lot faster than I can fumbling around on NCEP or AccuPro.  If they could incorporate text output for Euro, GFS, and NAM I'd never leave the site.

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-

good times will come Stove!

Just so others know where we're coming from... Reb and I did a day run up and down Mt. LeConte a year or so ago.  For some reason on the way down, we kept running into groups of rather good looking women hiking up.  They were super friendly, always made a point to smile, and we even talked about the weather with a few of them.  I don't know if there was some sort of a convention up there or what.  Anyway, it reached a point where whenever we'd pass one of these groups of hotties, either Reb or myself would look back at the other and make that Jeremiah Johnson nod.  Good times indeed. 

I only use twitter for weather purposes.  Several times I've tried to follow Joe Bastardi and Ryan Maue but it seems they try to make two political statements for each weather related post.  It's highly annoying and I'm usually only able to follow for a couple of days before my head explodes.  It's a shame because I'm sure I'm missing out on some neat maps and such.  They're smart guys and I guess they're pulling in enough bucks to say whatever they want but it's pretty unprofessional in my opinion.  OMG WARMISTAS BBQ LOL WTF.  Not trying to "go there" but had to rant for a sec.  Carry on.

I only use twitter for weather purposes. Several times I've tried to follow Joe Bastardi and Ryan Maue but it seems they try to make two political statements for each weather related post. It's highly annoying and I'm usually only able to follow for a couple of days before my head explodes. It's a shame because I'm sure I'm missing out on some neat maps and such. They're smart guys and I guess they're pulling in enough bucks to say whatever they want but it's pretty unprofessional in my opinion. OMG WARMISTAS BBQ LOL WTF. Not trying to "go there" but had to rant for a sec. Carry on.

That frustrates me too about JB. I don't have a Twitter account, but I go to his twitter page and sift through all of the #brickbot global warming rubbish to find that 2% of his posts that have anything to do with what I'm interested in. You have to really want it.

Just so others know where we're coming from... Reb and I did a day run up and down Mt. LeConte a year or so ago.  For some reason on the way down, we kept running into groups of rather good looking women hiking up.  They were super friendly, always made a point to smile, and we even talked about the weather with a few of them.  I don't know if there was some sort of a convention up there or what.  Anyway, it reached a point where whenever we'd pass one of these groups of hotties, either Reb or myself would look back at the other and make that Jeremiah Johnson nod.  Good times indeed. 

This rivaled the awesomeness of the hike itself. 

Archived