• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

Those point and clicks are constantly changing, 20 minutes ago it was 2-4, then 3-5, now back to 2-4

the offices are obviously speaking to each other and trying to figure out the best way to approach areas that borderline other offices, re: york for example.

I've also noticed that the zone forecasts, point and click and the warning text doesn't always jive.

I've noticed the same thing. It's just funny to watch the constant updates.

Edit: Back to 3-5 for LNS :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed the same thing. It's just funny to watch the constant updates.

I usually just pay attention to the warning text and expect somewhere in the range the warning has me for.

Sunday, it was 3-5 with 1/4 ice... overperformed that with 7.5

Tuesday was 3-6 and I got 3.6... low? yes, but still within the warning

Those point and clicks are constantly changing, 20 minutes ago it was 2-4, then 3-5, now back to 2-4

the offices are obviously speaking to each other and trying to figure out the best way to approach areas that borderline other offices, re: york for example.

I've also noticed that the zone forecasts, point and click and the warning text doesn't always jive.

I wouldn't worry too much about point and clicks, I'm pretty sure they are computer generated. I always go by what the actual warning or advisory is calling for.

Hey guys! I'm definitely very interested in this storm. Will be cool to see if indeed my area (York/Lancaster) can overpreform with snow. Wish I could go up to my grandparent's house in Williamsport for this one...they look to be jackpot zone! It's very tempting to drive up there...

Oh and stop with the York, PA bashing! :lmao:

October 2011 proved otherwise :P

If anyone is a screwzone it's probably Cockeysville ...this seems like the kind of storm where Parkton does much better. Glad I'm staying at MU for this :snowman:

You go to Millersville college? I go there and have an apartment. I finished my last final and decided to come home for this storm...hopefully I made the right decision haha!

If you people are trying to upset me good luck. All I threw out was my opinion on my area. Are any of you from York,PA? I didn't think so. I lived here since 1984 and I have witnessed these types of storm systems often. Flirting with the mix line normally does not bode well here In York County. I have my opinion you have yours, sometimes this forum is like a bunch of kids.

If you people are trying to upset me good luck. All I threw out was my opinion on my area. Are any of you from York,PA? I didn't think so. I lived here since 1984 and I have witnessed these types of storm systems often. Flirting with the mix line normally does not bode well here In York County. I have my opinion you have yours, sometimes this forum is like a bunch of kids.

I'm from York and think we'll be fine. I'd be more worried living in the counties right below the Mason Dixion line. Almost all models have at least 4 inches here.

There is no "mix line" until late Saturday.

The biggest forecasting dilemma, in my opinion, is along the southern counties where the warm mid-level nose of air will be racing the dryslot. It could be a situation where the changeover *would have* occured if not for the dryslot out-pacing the warm push. Otherwise, a changeover seems pretty likely from route 30 south...especially east of I-81

Saturday: Snow Developing Between 6 AM and Noon. Moderate To Heavy Snow During The Afternoon/Evening. Wintry Mix (Sleet/Freezing Rain) Possible In Southern Counties After Sunset. High: 32.

2-4" South of Rt. 30.

4-6" Along Rt. 30 and North, Including Lebanon, Harrisburg and Chambersburg.

6"+ In Northern & Northwestern Counties.

I'm done arguing about my opinion. I for one hope it's 5 to 8 but I rather caution on the low side. Big deal. And no CarlislePAWX my location in york received 3.5 last Sunday and 6 on Tuesday. Roughly 9.5 in both storms combined. I will admit that it has been a great start to December and winter as a whole for that matter.

Archived