• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 13-14th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

Well there was a little bit better interaction, better QPF's expanding a touch north, and still a decent shot at some lake enhancement....but it appears not enough to mix out any of the drier mid-levels.  While somewhere in LOT will likely see 6-10 inches ... my call was more for ORD...so that looks to be a swing and a miss on my part.  But I suppose it is best to wait and see how everything pans out once it's all said and done.  For the sake of not flip flopping I will stay with that range and, at the very least, begin to look for my white flag.  Better luck next time

a gracious bust :)

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be an interesting time tracking its movements. Do you mean it looks like the shoreline of west end Toronto (Long Branch) looks to get in on it a bit? I am hoping to see some enhanced totals here from the lake. Hopefully its able to drift enough north to get the Port Credit area 

I think there's a decent chance it could make it to you. Certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Amounts would need to be 10" to meet WSW criteria (given that there is no mixed precip or intense winds with this) so that is probably what they are thinking may happen.

Certainly a possiblility depending on how the wind directions lock in place. NAM, GFS pumping out some 10-12" snow totals in the lake enhanced areas (using instantweathermaps). Anthony Farnell of Global going with 15-25cm in the west end lake areas. The RGEM is pushing north of 0.7" precip :lmao:  With good ratios who knows how this will turn out. Keep in mind the lake effect will begin early and thermal profiles will be much more favourable at this time. Not to go all :weenie: but the high end potential is certainly there for a narrow corridor somewhere between Hamilton and Mississauga.

RGEM snowfall liquid equivalent:

luisy.gif

milwaukee still hanging in there

REA FORECAST DISCUSSION...UPDATED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
1104 AM CST FRI DEC 13 2013

.UPDATE...LAKE EFFECT ADVISORY AND WATCH HEADLINES STILL LOOK IN
GOOD SHAPE. STILL DEBATING AN UPGRADE TO LAKE EFFECT WARNING FOR
LAKESHORE COUNTIES UNDER THE WATCH.

THE CENTER OF THE LOW AS OF 10 AM IS OVER THE OK PANHANDLE SO WINDS
ARE STILL LIGHT AND VARIABLE IN SE WI. THE LATEST MESOSCALE MODELS
INDICATE SOME LAKE EFFECT SNOW BANDS COULD IMPACT PARTS OF THE
LAKESHORE COUNTIES BY 3 PM. PRECIPITATION INTENSITY STILL LOOKS LIKE
IT PICK UP AROUND 6 PM. THESE MODELS IN GOOD AGREEMENT INDICATING
SNOW BANDS SETTING UP OVER KENOSHA...RACINE...MILWAUKEE AND
OZAUKEE COUNTIES AROUND 6 PM BEFORE SNOW DEVELOPS ACROSS THE REST
OF SOUTHEAST WI.

Well there was a little bit better interaction, better QPF's expanding a touch north, and still a decent shot at some lake enhancement....but it appears not enough to mix out any of the drier mid-levels.  While somewhere in LOT will likely see 6-10 inches ... my call was more for ORD...so that looks to be a swing and a miss on my part.  But I suppose it is best to wait and see how everything pans out once it's all said and done.  For the sake of not flip flopping I will stay with that range and, at the very least, begin to look for my white flag.  Better luck next time

All things considered it's been a nice trend for the southern metro.  Remember the earlier runs (GFS in particular) that were essentially complete whiffs.

Nice appetizer snow in Hamilton this morning that I wasn't expecting. Probably picked up close to an inch with decent snowfall rates since 11am. When I woke up and looked out the window I was confused because I thought that somehow I'd slept entirely through today and it was tomorrow morning already.

So, when is ILX going to follow suit?

I swear they always release their warnings 2-3 hours after everyone around them have upgraded. If they hadn't been so on the ball with the Tornado Warnings, I would figure they spend a lot of time sleeping in Lincoln.

honestly I thought we should've had a warning along I72 with the 3am update after seeing what all the models did

EURO still the most aggressive with turning the winds pure easterly and driving the lake band into Toronto. I'm not sure though I'd side with it over some of the other super hi-res models that are showing otherwise.

this is the massive wildcard.  Will be a pure nowcasting event due to the narrow nature of the squall.  

It'd be awesome if that happened. Band would likely lift north into Toronto.

I see potential for that to happen.  Looks like from around midnight tonight until the 4-6pm timeframe tomorrow the winds will keep it in the Hamilton-Oakville area.  Then winds seem to edge more easterly into Sat night and could lift the band north towards you before dropping back down south and then ending by 6-7am Sunday.

Archived