joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 10th/11th winter storm threat

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you think WSI will let Scooter work without a degree anymore? Dr James, calling Dr James

In fairness to Coastalwx the only red taggers I saw giving this a shot were Windcredible and snowgoose.  Everyone else was in line to give their degrees to Gulf Stream.

I felt like this type of event was our best shot in this pattern...I love these post frontal deals.

The RGEM is in, you can see signs it wants to have some sort of mesoscale band as well, mainly down near NJ/PA

It, along with the NAM, has a weak norlun signature later tomorrow from ENY through CT.  And they might be indicating a little Hudson-Mohawk convergence.  Hoping for a miracle inch up here near Albany after back to back coatings.

GFS is printing out .52 QPF around here (KMMK).  That would be quite the fluff bomb.

It seems like an unusual evolution around here to have a significant snowfall right on the heels of strong CAA.  Any other storms with similar evolutions come to mind for these parts?

It's a weird setup but not unheard of. Will probably has some ideas.

One thing I like about  this is that it looks like we could really see some great snow growth tomorrow. 

Wow at GFS. Might be me FTL

I wonder if Surface temps will favor best Accums in most of  CT and western 2/3 of RI (away from immediate coast) , and yes I know upper level temps dictate ratio's more.  I could just see interior Ct 27-28...ditto western 1/2 of RI and then the 32 inch pasts for  KTAN-KPYM.

Nam fronto really hammers DXR to KGINXY/GARTH over to KBOB and KPYM/Scituate

It's a weird setup but not unheard of. Will probably has some ideas.

One thing I like about  this is that it looks like we could really see some great snow growth tomorrow. 

Could be one of those snowfalls with great snow growth and very calm winds that makes it look like we're inside a snowglobe.  I love those.

Also, seems likes it's been a while since we've had a snowfall in front of an extended cold snap.  It would be great to have that, especially this time of year.

Trying to remain cautious until the Euro bites, though.

Could be one of those snowfalls with great snow growth and very calm winds that makes it look like we're inside a snowglobe.  I love those.

Also, seems likes it's been a while since we've had a snowfall in front of an extended cold snap.  It would be great to have that, especially this time of year.

Trying to remain cautious until the Euro bites, though.

I really don't care much what the Euro Shows, James is the new King

no all kidding aside, it was not good in yesterday's system and I don't think it has a great handle on these..i would go fwd without it now that you have Nam/Gfs

I wonder if Surface temps will favor best Accums in most of CT and western 2/3 of RI (away from immediate coast) , and yes I know upper level temps dictate ratio's more. I could just see interior Ct 27-28...ditto western 1/2 of RI and then the 32 inch pasts for KTAN-KPYM.

Nam fronto really hammers DXR to KGINXY/GARTH over to KBOB and KPYM/Scituate

I don't think it's going to be that warm here? I think we enjoy some nice ratios as well

Archived