joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 10th/11th winter storm threat

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May well be the typical ncep over correction west....we will see. The always surpressed (in these situations) ggem isn't all that different than the Gfs now. Minimal event for most, some potential over the cape.

We may even see the euro cave a bit, but just not buying a NAM or GFS scenario at this time.

Second significant euro fail in a week shorter term. Stella will get her groove back but right now this pattern has her a little confused.

Eh, the gfs could easily come SE. This thing has more yellow flags with these setups. Euro still was not that impressive. This is even

Trickier than a regular analfrontal deal.

Eh, the gfs could easily come SE. This thing has more yellow flags with these setups. Euro still was not that impressive. This is even

Trickier than a regular analfrontal deal.

Yeah but the euro and ensembles had no real system at all. A week ago it bounced around from whiff to hit with a system that was a clear whiff and really even yesterday it choked in NJ.

Point being we can't look at it and say "the euro has no system so discount the Gfs"

Yeah but the euro and ensembles had no real system at all. A week ago it bounced around from whiff to hit with a system that was a clear whiff and really even yesterday it choked in NJ.

Point being we can't look at it and say "the euro has no system so discount the Gfs"

When it and it's ensemble don't have anything, you throw a flag an it's right probably 75% of the time. You don't have to discount it, bu rightfully so you can doubt it. It's a finger of frontogenesis. These thing will screw someone.

To be fair the GFS didn't really have much until the 18Z run and there is no 18Z euro.

The 15th looks mighty interesting.

Yes.

MPM is going to worry

Actually, I'm not.  I was never in play for this second wave.  I knowt I'll be enjoying my cirrus while you pick up a light coating and Phil picks up a couple inches.

Archived