joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 10th/11th winter storm threat

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha. You'd rather the mets bring some livelihood and disagreement rather than just weenies vs mets...I could see that. However these guys are all good because they approach with caution...and will go gung-ho when warranted.

Everyone has the same idea with this little system...could be a few inches of snow, but also could miss with best forcing. No one is going to throw out widespread 3-5" though I don't think.

Unless you're Accuweather.

I think a mesoband gets parked either just to our south or right over the south coast as the NAM has widespread 2-4" of snow for everyone south of the MA pike.  If we get that meso band we get some great lift and we can snow well enough to see a few inches.  Also with the wave strengthening as it passes by our longitude, it only means better news for us.

It won't be a prolific QPF producer (sorry Pit), but the ingredients are there for a true solid advisory type storm for most if not all of SNE.  Looks like right around 0.36" per NAM at TAN.

Its often a good idea to go lower on QPF with these fast moving events, the models usually overdo the amounts and then start to drop them a bit inside 24 hours

Archived