• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 10th/11th winter storm threat

jamesnichols1989

Its often a good idea to go lower on QPF with these fast moving events, the models usually overdo the amounts and then start to drop them a bit inside 24 hours

No doubt.  NAM can be overly prolific at times.  It's already cut in half from the 00z run (LOL)  Will have to see though what the rest of 12z guidance does today.  Maybe right around 0.20" liquid would be my best guess.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it because you guys are all so good at what you do, but you always seem to agree with each other. There never seems to be a different opinion. Like when DT or HM or others used to post they would offer up different opinions or reasons why they didn't agree with this met or that one. Obviously many times you'll all be in agreement because it's the correct idea, but there has to be times when Scooter or Will or Ryan posts things that you don't agree with and vice versa.

well...there's a ton of different answers/responses to this post. 

but anyway, personally, i hold their opinions and thoughts in very high regard...Dendrite's as well. when they say something or see something, i listen.

and it's easy to disagree and be very civil about it. you don't have to be DT and be a complete dbag - or any handful of other folks who think they know everything.

No doubt.  NAM can be overly prolific at times.  It's already cut in half from the 00z run (LOL)  Will have to see though what the rest of 12z guidance does today.  Maybe right around 0.20" liquid would be my best guess.

Its probably going to have a QPF bomb on its 18Z run, for whatever reason the NAM in short range for an event always seems to have one 18Z run that goes nuts and a 06Z run that drops amounts off and makes everyone run to the edge of the cliff

I'm telling you guys, before the naked high 5s come out....beware of snow amounts that far NW.

For whatever reason in these events I have sometimes seen that funny inland SW-NE oriented band setup at least down by NYC and its way NW of where you'd expect it for a coastal type system, not sure same thing happens up in SNE

For whatever reason in these events I have sometimes seen that funny inland SW-NE oriented band setup at least down by NYC and its way NW of where you'd expect it for a coastal type system, not sure same thing happens up in SNE

There will be a fronto band for sure. If that made it's way onshore then it's easily 3-6. I have no doubts with that. For some reason I see this like Phil does...it blossoms and develops overhead, but it is fleeting and perhaps mostly offshore.

Archived