12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 14/15 winter storm threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like this sheared out look the Euro has been showing the last two runs now at 500mb. Yeah, the QPF is there, but my gut doesn't like it.

I'm already far more excited than this past weekend. Both the GFS and Euro at least agree on a fully saturated snow growth zone this time around. We can do a lot better even if we only get the paltry QPF numbers that we had this Monday.

It looked like it was going to be further NW early on then gets run thru the grinder ENE

Which for me is fine because with a Miller B-esque system going over BOS, the NEK gets downsloped up the ying yang.

This solution pretty much benefits everyone in New England. NNE gets paltry QPF but 20:1 or better ratios, and SNE gets better qpf with 12-15:1 ratios most likely.

Too early for much ratio talk, but its my speculation.

That's what I'm most interested in at this point. Assuming this comes together, I have a hard time seeing how the coastal plain avoids rain for the bulk of the main event...so best to hope for some decent WAA snows ahead of it. Unfortunately, I feel the models usually hit that up hard at this range then often back off as the event gets closer. 

I feel the same.  I hope they don't back off like usual.  The NAM depiction would be really enjoyable I think - at least along the arctic boundary.  Several hours of light snow, gradually getting steadier, with temperatures in the 20-28 range.  And the GFS and CMC are pretty similar.

Archived