• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

They just grasp at straws like calling convective feedback issues, or the H5 looks so good!!!! It's a joke... True weenie... And if u try and say what the model actually shows not what people wanna here they call u a negative poster...

Some pretty respectable posters used the phrases "convective feedback issues" and "H5 looks good" over the past couple of days. Are you going to call them "true weenies".

Of course I don't mean to say that all references to such phrases are correct. But we shouldn't make the usage of all such descriptions politically incorrect.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm could be more dangerous than people think. If you're out tomorrow night through Friday morning, then be very cautious. It may not be a blockbuster storm when it comes to snowfall amounts but 6-10" with strong winds and wind chills probably below zero are no joke. This is quite a rare event as most of our storms are usually borderline when it comes to temperatures and deliver snow paste rather than fluffy powder blowing everywhere. 

Some pretty respectable posters used the phrases "convective feedback issues" and "H5 looks good" over the past couple of days. Are you going to call them "true weenies".

Of course I don't mean to say that all references to such phrases are correct. But we shouldn't make the usage of all such descriptions politically incorrect.

That's not how I meant it, sorry should have clarified. Yes I agree H5 was impressive for this storm however the surface was being ignored completely, and as for the convective feedback I was referring to non-mets throwing it out there everytime a model run came in... A perfect example was the big Nam run last night, as soon as the gfs followed up with a realistic Qpf convective feedback was all over the board... I'm all for having many posters but when it comes to model analytics they should let the mets or seasons vets post

When did a possible 8" snowfall with blizzard conditions become a letdown to some people? What do they want, a dangerous and paralyzing 27" snowfall every time out? Just boggles my mind.

Honestly the big problem is many ppl on this board are extremely spoiled!! The past 10 yrs or so have featured more "historic" snowstorms then ever. Now every storm that threatens the area with snow its either 2' or bust. NYC averages in the mid 20's for a reason. 

Wintersgrasp is awful.  He brings nothing to the table scientifically, yet he goes out of his way to attract attention to himself and his childlike posting by constantly acting like a victim.  His post count suddenly skyrocketed over the past few days and it's a damn shame for our forum.  There are a few others (both on the weenie side and on the warminsta side) that have contributed to the current mess, but he has definitely been leading the pack.  I'll go back to lurking now, just felt the need to put that out there. 

Wintersgrasp is awful.  He brings nothing to the table scientifically, yet he goes out of his way to attract attention to himself and his childlike posting by constantly acting like a victim.  His post count suddenly skyrocketed over the past few days and it's a damn shame for our forum.  There are a few others (both on the weenie side and on the warminsta side) that have contributed to the current mess, but he has definitely been leading the pack.  I'll go back to lurking now, just felt the need to put that out there. 

*sings* imagine alllllll the peeoppleeee* john Lennon is so talented

This is my final call. No fancy maps, just based on station. I weighted the 00z ECMWF 1/2. I weighted a 00z/06z GFS 1/4 I gave a RGEM/UKMET/NAM blend 1/4 weight.

KTTN - 2-5"

KMMU - 6-8"

KSQM - 5-8"

KMPO - 3-5"

KSWF - 8-10"

KHPN - 8-10"

KISP - 10-14"

KLGA - 8-12"

KNYC - 8-12"

KJFK - 10-14"

KEWR - 8-10"

Anyone know why the weeklies are suddenly showing a mirror image warmup to our current sub-normal phase for weeks 2-3, not cold again till 23rd. once we pass the 10th or so?

Question will be whether it's a 2 week warmup or something shorter.   Atmosphere is almost certain to relax some after such a big arctic outbreak....

This is my final call. No fancy maps, just based on station. I weighted the 00z ECMWF 1/2. I weighted a 00z/06z GFS 1/4 I gave a RGEM/UKMET/NAM blend 1/4 weight.

KTTN - 2-5"

KMMU - 6-8"

KSQM - 5-8"

KMPO - 3-5"

KSWF - 8-10"

KHPN - 8-10"

KISP - 10-14"

KLGA - 8-12"

KNYC - 8-12"

KJFK - 10-14"

KEWR - 8-10"

Looks good.  I'm sure there will be a screwzone somewhere and conversely somewhere that does alot better than expected, but I'd agree with your call here

There seems to be a bunch of manchildren here who cry every time their model doesn't show 16'' of snow. I see it every model run, it's getting ridiculous. People need to grow up.

Read more, post less. 

unfortunately, there's going to be some of that with the way these forums work....you either have to put the person(s) on ignore or deal with it...it does get old with the constant it's drier/wetter/east/west posts with no analysis whatsoever.

Question will be whether it's a 2 week warmup or something shorter.   Atmosphere is almost certain to relax some after such a big arctic outbreak....

Tough overall pattern for sustained snowpack, even to our north.  Just got back from near Indian Lake in Adirondacks, they lost all snowcover during pre-Christmas torch/rain...rebuilding nicely now with some impressive cold but even there 6zGFS shows rain with the next cutter.  Its an 'enjoy it while you've got it' type of pattern

Its very minor but I was a little puzzled that upton changed our amounts west of NYC from 6-8 to 4-8. In their discussion they talked about qpf consensus of .5-.75" at 12 or 15:1 for an area wide 6-10" so I thought they might actually raise it. Seems like we have a better shot at 9 or 10 then only 4 unless we end up in a March 09 screwzone.

The model threads are out of control for this storm.....it just keeps going downhill. Now some idiot telling earthlight to wait for the run to finish before posting commentary and calling him a wenie?? ROFL. Also getting the 'how much for philly' type posts??? Just wow....really terrible.

The model threads are out of control for this storm.....it just keeps going downhill. Now some idiot telling earthlight to wait for the run to finish before posting commentary and calling him a wenie?? ROFL. Also getting the 'how much for philly' type posts??? Just wow....really terrible.

He was kidding.

Archived