amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 8-9th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR encouraging for the GTA, puts us in the 2-3" range.

Also keeps the system all snow, with rain only over the lake or right near the shore. I've got a bit of distance from the lake so hopefully I can remain all snow. Southern track shift discussed earlier may also help in keeping the warm air out.

v2h2xOl.png

PWm5Cww.png

The climo report issued at 4:21 had 1.4" on 0.12"...that is what I was looking at.

OIC.  Must have used the amount from noon for the 4pm climo.  Then the 6hr measurement at 6pm added the additional 0.9". 

EDIT:  Was just out shoveling and there is some light freezing drizzle misting down. 

a few measurements showed basically 1.9 and 2 inches .... so, somewhere in there after the main moderate bands finished...as hawkeye mentioned still plenty of light snow obs out west....but maybe only another tenth or so out that for me I suspect...

EDIT:  Last random band brought me another tenth+ .... new measurements average out around 2.1

looks like my 3 to 5 inch call was too high for MBY ... but points north from me seem to be coming in around 2.5" +....so not bad

ORD latest measurement had 3.1 ... so I guess it squeaked by FWIW

Archived