2.2 INCHES TOTAL THUS FAR WITH VERY LIGHT SNOW STILL

FALLING. 2 INCHES ON THE GROUND AND 0.12 LIQUID

EQUIVALENT.

Random band of SN popped up here...

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI  

911 PM CST SUN DEC 08 2013  

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON  

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.  

..REMARKS..  

0909 PM SNOW MENOMONEE FALLS 43.15N 88.13W  

12/08/2013 M6.0 INCH WAUKESHA WI BROADCAST MEDIA  

FROM OFF DUTY METEOROLOGIST OF WITI FOX6  

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI  911 PM CST SUN DEC 08 2013     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    0909 PM     SNOW             MENOMONEE FALLS         43.15N 88.13W   12/08/2013  M6.0 INCH        WAUKESHA           WI   BROADCAST MEDIA                 FROM OFF DUTY METEOROLOGIST OF WITI FOX6  

Cool, was a report of 6.8" from the same burb, but nice to see a measurement from a met.

Storm total of 4.1" with 0.26" liquid equivalent. So a 15-16:1 ratio.

Is that RAC?

I got 4.1" also. Waiting for my snow to melt to get a ratio.

Hmm, I did measure a spot on my board at 4.2". Might have to call it at that.

Measured at my house...I see a 5" report from not too far away...

Yeah Racine had a little more LES this morning, so I can see that being true. That location is probably around Taylor and Washington roughly.

0920 PM SNOW 2 WSW RACINE 42.72N 87.82W

12/08/2013 M5.0 INCH RACINE WI TRAINED SPOTTER

5 INCHES. 2.2 INCHES INTHE LAST 4 HOURS

Haha, 0.26" here also. So average ratio of basically 16:1.

Like to see what the other observer in my town got first. A few places in the county approached 5".

1.0" is a high call. I'd go for DAB to 0.1" and thats a lucky bet. 

Hmm I haven't made a call yet on this event, mostly because its so meager (although still welcomed) and not really an ON event but I'll go ahead and say 2cm for my backyard (0.78 inches).

This region of WAA at 850mb moving north towards us won't help ratios much.

E6KGjlF.gif

Hmm I haven't made a call yet on this event, mostly because its so meager (although still welcomed) and not really an ON event but I'll go ahead and say 2cm for my backyard (0.78 inches).

This region of WAA at 850mb moving north towards us won't help ratios much.

The WAA should be short-lived and should come into play 5-8 hours from now. Temperatures should be slightly above freezing in the morning falling back in the afternoon to below freezing. By then the precip will have passed our region. Got an exam tomorrow, lol. Gonna be a tough commute going to downtown..

I think 1-2cm is the highest we'll see. It disappoints you when regions much further south see more snow than you. And even more, is the possibility of another decent snowfall event on Tuesday for them -_- 

Between 3 and 4 new inches from today. This is on top of the 2 inches we already had, so snowpack is nearing 6 inches. Here is a webcam nearby my house. The wind really blows it around there.

Still snowing heavily, but looks like it will taper off soon. The 00Z NAM is showing 6 to 8 inches of lake effect coming!

http://www.springlakeyachtclub.com/OurClub/WebCam.aspx

Between 3 and 4 new inches from today. This is on top of the 2 inches we already had, so snowpack is nearing 6 inches. Here is a webcam nearby my house. The wind really blows it around there.

Still snowing heavily, but looks like it will taper off soon. The 00Z NAM is showing 6 to 8 inches of lake effect coming!

Controllable snowcam, bookmarked!

Looks like winter on that side of the lake too!  :snowing:

Highest report I could find on this side.

0856 PM SNOW MENOMONEE FALLS 43.15N 88.13W

12/08/2013 M6.8 INCH WAUKESHA WI PUBLIC

Looks like it ended up being a solid event for a good portion of the region, all that downplaying busted hard around Chicago though. Nice to see busts high.

Yeah several of us definitely busted.  Of course a bust is always nice when it's in your favor though.  I rode my 1.2" call for here and MLI after several runs in a row that were significantly drier than previous runs.  The 00z guidance last night quickly increased totals, but I had already committed to my call so I went down with the ship lol.

That's for sure! Sorry you guys missed out. How much did you manage?

Probably about half inch, right now we have light freezing drizzle here at KDTW.

Yeah several of us definitely busted.  Of course a bust is always nice when it's in your favor though.  I rode my 1.2" call for here and MLI after several runs in a row that were significantly drier than previous runs.  The 00z guidance last night quickly increased totals, but I had already committed to my call so I went down with the ship lol.

Don't worry about it, I said most in the region would get a solid 1-3" I didn't expect the lollipops to 4-5" in Wisconsin.

Probably about half inch, right now we have light freezing drizzle here at KDTW.

Don't worry about it, I said most in the region would get a solid 1-3" I didn't expect the lollipops to 4-5" in Wisconsin.

Some of the pessimism was inexplicable.  The deep DGZ was well modeled and it was a clear signal for higher than average ratios given no worries about flake shattering.

Some of the pessimism was inexplicable.  The deep DGZ was well modeled and it was a clear signal for higher than average ratios given no worries about flake shattering.

It was trolling from some I am sure. Of course we will all hear that the lake shore received 0.7" that all melted tomorrow morning. :lol:

Archived