Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Storm next weekend has better teleconnector support than this misery ever did

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching NBC news tonight - analysis from the met was pretty let me say "special"

His two scenarios were:

1. Powerful storm that tracks right over BOS with a heavy heavy changeover to raine

2. Tracks to the BM but since it tracks to the BM it'll definitely be weaker so it will only be relatively minor accums.

Followed this up by saying that only 3 of the 12 simulations showed a hit.

Amusing for sure.

huh.gif

Watching NBC news tonight - analysis from the met was pretty let me say "special"

His two scenarios were:

1. Powerful storm that tracks right over BOS with a heavy heavy changeover to raine

2. Tracks to the BM but since it tracks to the BM it'll definitely be weaker so it will only be relatively minor accums.

Followed this up by saying that only 3 of the 12 simulations showed a hit.

Amusing for sure.

huh.gif

I'd be curious of the reasoning behind that...

Is it a fault of being somewhat far out still?

Some were flat, some just way ots. I think the gfs is also keying in on the big ATL low helping to crush this low ots. You can tell as the low tries to develop...it can't get any good inflow from the Atlantic, and the mass field presentation of it is meager.

Less amplified and more proressive porbably, but that is a gross exageration.

I think I know who he is referring to. He did not say over the BM, the met drew a line that happened to go at the edge of his map..over the BM and said that a more offshore track would produce less moisture. He was clearly trying to depict the GFS. I don't know why he inserted words that were not said.

Friday we'll know. GFS blows in general but it often picks it up well in the long range. This is the 1st time in a very long time the Euro has more or less had a big hit of some sort from d7-8 on in. Hopefully its ens are right.

Sorry, but I need to cheer for a mix for you guys. :(

I think I know who he is referring to. He did not say over the BM, the met drew a line that happened to go at the edge of his map..over the BM and said that a more offshore track would produce less moisture. He was clearly trying to depict the GFS. I don't know why he inserted words that were not said.

My bad, I was referring to the map he presented which showed a track drawn directly over the benchmark but he did indeed say more offshore.

My bad, I was referring to the map he presented which showed a track drawn directly over the benchmark but he did indeed say more offshore.

I know, but these guys are just trying to depict scenarios. He didn't have any more space on the map...so he tried getting across the more "offshore" track.

It's really just people somewhat below a PVD-BOS line that get screwed some by the Euro as far as I can see. Anyone above that line gets such a huge front end dump that it hardly matters if it sleets some. It just means Ray has to settle for 18" and sleet and I get 30" of powder. LOL

So I'm enjoying this run because 0Z probably moves the bulls eye back to I-95. :devilsmiley:

I'd take the OP EURO.....I can forgo a jackpot if an 18" consolation is dangled. ....chances are if it ends up east, I'll somehow get less than that. :lol:

Archived