Newest Member
    joxey
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it typically tends to happen.

Our recent discussion, though, is centered around the current pattern (probably) terminating during the end of the month.  At least I thought it was.  I could be wrong.  It's tough though, because seasonal trend and the obscuring of pattern recognition that happens during, makes that a bit more difficult.   

I wonder if the CPC AO forecasts for a free fall from +4 to six members going to -2 and nearly all falling at least to near neutral in next few days will pan out. Haven't been following the (forecast) index that closely

It has show as strong trend towards this every day, gaining much more strength as days pass, it would be pretty unusual if that strong trend suddenly reversed but it has occurred before.

The fact that we keep getting these cold blasts in a +AO regime is pretty encouraging, sometimes good winters find a way. 

yes exactly, now with the predicted realignment , this is PNA NAO AO driven, need some storms, still a concern. baroclinicity seems to be lacking, open up that Gulf and excite the STJ!!!  Euro Ens 850 means for Tues to Tues

19.11.2013 00 GMT		 -6.9 °C		
20.11.2013 00 GMT		 -4.8 °C		
21.11.2013 00 GMT		 0.6 °C		
22.11.2013 00 GMT		 0.5 °C		
23.11.2013 00 GMT		 -6.8 °C		
24.11.2013 00 GMT		 -8.7 °C		
25.11.2013 00 GMT		 -11.7 °C		
26.11.2013 00 GMT		 -8.4 °C		

not to mention the weenie overrunning snowstorm for the Berks, Greens and Whites and Els in NNE

I'd love it if we could muster snow on the ground for Thanksgiving--if not on the day itself.  I think we'd need to keep it pretty cold for a long time though to maintain anything that comes from that.   Much too far out to worry about it though.

Warm morning, eh?

40.1/29

Sorry but given how hard it is to get the ingredients of a legit snowstorm to fall just right at any location would it not make sense that the cons to pros ratio for that snowstorm would be greater than 1 and thus skew the discussion toward con on average? Seems normal to me that there's more that can go wrong than right....most of the time anyway....maybe I'm off here

Sorry but given how hard it is to get the ingredients of a legit snowstorm to fall just right at any location would it not make sense that the cons to pros ratio for that snowstorm would be greater than 1 and thus skew the discussion toward con on average? Seems normal to me that there's more that can go wrong than right....most of the time anyway....maybe I'm off here

Doesn't that state the obvious?  Otherwise, I think we'd really wouldn't need that many meteorologists in the world. 

Or, maybe I'm misreading your statement.

Balmy--will let one of the stoves die down ftw.

49.2/29

ECMWF Ensemble Weather Forecast Guess indicating White Thanksgiving is within the realm of possibility for Boston http://www.weather.us/newWindow.php?x=MA_BOSTON 

fYI you can change that to HFD too,

http://www.weather.us/newWindow.php?x=CT_HARTFORD

http://www.weather.us/nav.php?type=ens

According to the graph linked from TK's twitter above, on the 25th there is one ensemble member that breaks a surface temp record on the high side, and a few (2-3) members that break the record on the low side.  I thought that was funny.

Those are 850s and it's par for the course in ensemble member lalaland.

There's definitely some mixed signals in the long range. This is not an easy forecast for the energy mets...it could honestly differ by like 10-15F for a 1 week period in early December. We are teetering on the brink of haviong an arctic pattern over us...but also teetering on the brink of disaster with torching PAC air and the boundary lifted well north.

well we are weenies and we did get to look closely at a snow event, would rather be doing this than watching temp trends and discussing bird returns on Dual Pol

I'm pretty happy to weenie out on a nice late season severe outbreak.

Actually a pretty good surge of high theta-e air moves into SNE, especially early Monday afternoon. Very impressive for November.

Archived