Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WhoooooWhooooo!

What day is it? The day after the Vikes beat you know who! Hahaha, how bad must the Skins be?

Skol!! Vikes D finally woke up in the second half. Sure it was only the scabs, but f-it, we'll take it!

RG who? lol   

Ok going to say it here as if I say it on FB I will majorly piss off some people...  

I seriously hope this storm pans out and we get dumped on!

I have a few friends who no matter what time of year it is they are always complaining about the weather. They said we had too wet a Spring, a too crappy Summer and Fall has been too cool :axe:  Now they are saying that it is too early to snow and it will screw up all their plans if it does. So to help this thing along I will post every smile icon that has to do with snow. 

:snowwindow:  :sled:  :snowing:  :ee:  :shiver:  :mapsnow:  :snowman:

So excited to hear DT declare victory for the Euro when there isn't a big nor'easter next week.  If there's any snow between VA-ME...Euro was right, while the GOOFUS had nothing.  If there's a big storm 600 miles offshore...Euro had the general idea, GOOFUS had NO storm.  I really think that ECMWF must throw him some of their advertisement money or something.    

I am hugging the Italian model...  (see main forum)

"This configuration should favor a strong advection of cold arctic air masses to the central-eastern areas of the American continent during the increased activity of the planetary wave...pattern analysis suggest that the best planetary wave activities (major winter events), should be appeared at the beginning of the winter season (from late November to begin December) and almost at the end of the winter season. In fact the careful analysis of the October pattern development suggests a premature start to the winter season strongly enough."

Except for the bit about Dec-Jan...

7kss.png

Sorry, can't let this pass without a comment on here. The irony and lack of awareness from DT on this latest facebook post is too delicious...

From DT on Facebook:

More proof that TWC is now a JOKE. 2 days ago they were running promos on their web site and Facebook page about the "CRIPPLING storm for next week in the northeast"

yes they actually used the term "CRIPPLING STORM" ... for an even that at the time was 8 days out and in Mid NOVEMBER. Oddly at the time ONLY the GFS Model was show a major Middle Atlantic / New England snowstorm .

Now that the GFS is showing a Non event TWC is saying Nothing significant is going to happen...

this is called ass kissing the Model-- " Modelology". To be fair yes it is still quite possible that the coastal Low forms too far out to sea and No one on the middle atlantic coast sees anything

BUT.... that is NOT determined by simply parrotting whatever the GFS says 

Brilliant. He's having a joke with us all, right?

I'm out.

Also, I don't think this storm is happening. 

Quitter.  #faithintheflakes

:lol:

it was very brief, and i had to do a double take, go outside and stand in what was falling to believe that it was actually snow mixed with rain

Leaving that poor elephant baby alone inside.  Probably left the door open and she got cold :(

Quitter.  #faithintheflakes

Leaving that poor elephant baby alone inside.  Probably left the door open and she got cold :(

She is currently snug as a bug napping :)

It was worth moving to Parkton just for that :).

lets hope its a sign of good things to come!

Archived