• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for the first scientific paper on link between GW and Blizz 13

Why would that happen? Has anyone said there was a link?

Which is why GW is such a pain in the a$$. One storm, one AN or BN period in one region is not necessarily linked to GW.

Not true. If you're getting your information from peer-reviewed papers and not biased/inaccurate media reports then you wouldn't think that. It's almost a strawman argument when a bad reporter or a bad weather person says "tornadoes are becoming more violent because of global warming" when there's no literature to back that up... and then people use that statement to discredit the actual literature about AGW.

Not true. If you're getting your information from peer-reviewed papers and not biased/inaccurate media reports then you wouldn't think that. It's almost a strawman argument when a bad reporter or a bad weather person says "tornadoes are becoming more violent because of global warming" when there's no literature to back that up... and then people use that statement to discredit the actual literature about AGW.

Read the Sandy thread in the climate forum.

This is not related to GW but in other industry's when there is sufficient political motivation the integrity of the "trustworthy" peer review has been compromised on occasion.

I get the ball busting. In real life, that's what I do all the time around people I know. I've also found that it's not worth getting into discussions with some people. Maybe I'm missing something about the pruning, but most people recognize trolls as trolls (I don't mean you), and I've never been able to convince one to stop. They eventually get ignored by reasonable people, or removed, and the folks who get sucked into arguing with them somethimes get caught up in the sh!I storm. 

you know dude you are right, I thought about what you said and I am just going to keep on keeping on. I may be right or wrong but I am not going to change what I think or say because some holed up nerd has to comment. Yes I love cold and snow. Yes I think GW is a natural progression,but I am open minded. I have many times this year predicted heat. It sometimes seems if you buck certain peoples thoughts it is considered being a Frigidaire, but like you said I am going to let it slide. I will fully admit the posts about Kevin being a cancer pissed me off and I responded. I will refrain from responding to the trolls, but I will still bust balls when balls are busted in my direction from respectable posters. Thanks man.

you know dude you are right, I thought about what you said and I am just going to keep on keeping on. I may be right or wrong but I am not going to change what I think or say because some holed up nerd has to comment. Yes I love cold and snow. Yes I think GW is a natural progression,but I am open minded. I have many times this year predicted heat. It sometimes seems if you buck certain peoples thoughts it is considered being a Frigidaire, but like you said I am going to let it slide. I will fully admit the posts about Kevin being a cancer pissed me off and I responded. I will refrain from responding to the trolls, but I will still bust balls when balls are busted in my direction from respectable posters. Thanks man.

Well the beer was great and the convo had remarkable entertainment value. Nothing wrong with letting your hair (or in my case lack of same) down on a Friday night although the Hubbster disapproved but after all tis the banter thread. Hope your back feels better. Peace.

Tropopause_Fold

30 Oct 2013

Ginxy, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Euro ens show the yo yo continuing not furnace.

yo-yo?

next week looks pretty furnace-like to me. Oct 2013

Tropopause_Fold, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

yo-yo?

next week looks pretty furnace-like to me.

CT Rain said

Yeah I don't really see a yo-yo next week... looks furnacey.

I remember those runs. There was support at the time for some torch.

Well the beer was great and the convo had remarkable entertainment value. Nothing wrong with letting your hair (or in my case lack of same) down on a Friday night although the Hubbster disapproved but after all tis the banter thread. Hope your back feels better. Peace.

Perhaps I overreacted, but there is definitely an agenda on the part of some to isolate and attack people and not ideas

Ginx has given his evidence, others refute with evidence. Others just resort to name calling

Wait a minute....I'm missing something. My point was that a single stretch of weather or event is not evidence of global warming in itself, not that it couldn't be a result...

Favorite weekend of the year for me. Tomorrow we have 12Z in by Noon save for euro in by 1-2. Tomorrow night we go to bed at a reasonable hour having digested much of the 0z data.

:thumbsup:

Agreed.  I was thinking the same thing yesterday.  Unless there's a tropical system or some other significant event, I never stay up during the warm system. It would be hell if the time change were reversed.

ORH was+14

I won my little bet with Joe

Joe Torchy would love it up here... he could kill the forecasts by going warm all the time.  Like Will said and his graphics showed, the +2 in the means over the past 6 years up here can't sustain itself, but it'll be interesting to see how long it goes like that.

Yesterday, BTV and MVL both put up +20 daily departures, and MPV was +18.  We get a cold shot and its impressive to get even -4 to -8...and even record lows like the last cold shot only end up with like a -9 on the day of a record minimum.  Then some cows fart and we punch it to +20 with very little resistance, lol.

I'll try not to dwell on it because I don't like the warmth, but I'd love to see what an actual -4 month would feel like.  We have plenty of experience with +4 months, haha.

Archived