• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love people getting testy over a D15 forecast of above normal temperatures. 

It's November. If we see an AK vortex then I will worry...but it seems like people just don't want to except that it could be AN. Of course I would like some cold and early snow, but it is what it is. Maybe I'm 100% wrong and we freeze...but that's my opinion.

It's November. If we see an AK vortex then I will worry...but it seems like people just don't want to except that it could be AN. Of course I would like some cold and early snow, but it is what it is. Maybe I'm 100% wrong and we freeze...but that's my opinion.

Just accept that AN is the new normal and everything will be fine, lol. It still snows in AN regimes.

Weenie. You wouldn't be saying that if you lived on the other coast.

:lol:

I used to hate it and still do that it's so freakin hard to get a below normal month up here... but once I started considering +2 as the new normal, it makes it a more level playing field, haha.

At MVL, so far this year 9 out of 10 months have been above normal on the F-6 forms...April was -0.4 and just snuck in as BN otherwise we would've been 10 for 10.

It is like pulling teeth to get BN or the climate normals are skewed somehow, lol.

2013 at BDL.. average warm month is +2.0 and average cold month is -0.9. When it's warm it's warm. When it's cold, it's normal.

Could you get the number of above vs below months in like the last 5 years? Curious how different spots in New England stack up. You always seem to know how to get data really easily.

That's all I was trying to say. I don't like it as a cold lover, but hard to ignore is all.

I do love Ginxy's tenacity for cold. We'll know the magic is gone the day Ginxy starts talking about warmth. It keeps the disco lively.

Ginx is to cold what LitchfieldLibations was to warm. Blinders on all the way. It is fun to watch :)

Ginx is to cold what LitchfieldLibations was to warm. Blinders on all the way. It is fun to watch :)

Haha it's not that bad...LL was one of a kind.

Ginxy always has some product or model support and posts supporting evidence. I don't even do that when I say warm...I'm just playing the probabilities in long range. He is a helluva lot smarter in the long range stuff than I am.

Haha it's not that bad...LL was one of a kind.

Ginxy always has some product or model support and posts supporting evidence. I don't even do that when I say warm...I'm just playing the probabilities in long range.

Absolutely... though I am getting sick of the Euro ensemble box and whisker plots lol.

I'm fine with a mild Torchvember. Let's keep the cold for DJFM... it's really hard to get interesting winter wx here in lowland SNE prior to Turkey Day.

Absolutely... though I am getting sick of the Euro ensemble box and whisker plots lol.

I'm fine with a mild Torchvember. Let's keep the cold for DJFM... it's really hard to get interesting winter wx here in lowland SNE prior to Turkey Day.

Even where I am I never really count on pre Thanksgiving winter events. Although some below 40 highs would be nice

As the good doctor stated he is the board "Frigidaire". The entertainment value of his repartee with other posters who disagree with him is priceless.

+AMO keeps the East coast in torch mode and -PDO shivers the west. Don't forget the weather isn't always East Coast centric.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the AMO did slightly into the negative (or more neutral category for the winter) like it did in 2008-2009 given SSTA trends south of Greenland.  

The Earth has warmed, but these recent warm regimes aren't a coincidence to +AMOs either. Throw in a few Ninas too for warm summers.

Definitely. Feel like the combination of AGW and +AMO is really helping skew things. When in doubt... go work.

Thankfully we haven't been "so warm" that it's impacting our snow. In fact, the incidence of extreme precip events is increasing pretty significantly here the northeast so that is probably helping us with snow. 

Archived