Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KORD was 6 degrees warmer than my location for Sept, although that looks to change after this weekend.

I don't live at the airport. My overnight lows run much warmer.

No leaves changing yet?  A small percentage are around here.

some small recently transplanted trees in the park lost some early leaves during the dry spell but other than that, nothing.

Morning cloud has cleared and the sun is shining. Forecast high of 77 today, currently at 72. Things really warmed up yesterday in the afternoon hours so I'm optimistic that we'll hit 77 in a few hours.

Missed the aurora display last night, heard it was a good one though. Cloud cover obscured the view IMBY and I was a little too tired to drive out for a better view.

78/48 right now, all those people wanting cold weather right now over this are crazy, this is amazing weather. Probably one of the best days of the year.

It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just lounging outside with a drink, 75-80 is fine, if I'm going to a cider mill with my kids, give me 60 and crisp.

Humidity, NEVER. No time ever is humidity enjoyable.

78/48 right now, all those people wanting cold weather right now over this are crazy, this is amazing weather. Probably one of the best days of the year.

I'm not wanting cold weather just yet. I'm hoping, though, that it arrives by mid November. A Fall like 1995 and 2007, both of which saw mild Octobers and cold Novembers, would suit me.

I cannot believe it is lush and green in Chicago. Peak is still 3 weeks away, but tons of trees changing here.

It always seems that the trees turn color slower the closer to the city and closer to the lake. I would say 70% of the trees in my area on north have color now. Pretty much all shrubs have color in them. I did noticed within a mile of the lake there is more solid greens left. The moderating affect of the lake and the UHI does play a role. The larger dips in temperature at night up this way are more extreme than the city by Alek and Joe and I think that's the reason why they're not seeing much color. They'll catch up soon enough.

Wonderful day today, up near 70°.

Absolutely gorgeous weather today in Toronto. 76, sunny skies, light wind, very low dew points. Simply amazing!

Agreed, what a great afternoon. Time to squeeze in a bike ride before the sun sets!

Leaves are starting to change here, 30% of trees maybe? Not a whole lot have fallen yet though.

So far today:

85/69/77

norms:

73/54/64

Overall Departure: +13F.

Forecast calls for:  I am highly skeptical looking at today's models that we get that cool.  Saturday also looks more like an 80s day as well.  Overall I would say the odds of a below normal October temp wise in STL are less than 5% already. 

87/68 = +15

89/69 = +16

76/66 = +09

63/50 =  -05

68/44 =  -06

75/50 = +02

77/54 = +05

So far today:

85/69/77

norms:

73/54/64

Overall Departure: +13F.

Forecast calls for: I am highly skeptical looking at today's models that we get that cool. Saturday also looks more like an 80s day as well. Overall I would say the odds of a below normal October temp wise in STL are less than 5% already.

87/68 = +15

89/69 = +16

76/66 = +09

63/50 = -05

68/44 = -06

75/50 = +02

77/54 = +05

Too hot down there for me.

We had a few hot days last month and still finished negative. Doesn't take much to erase positives or negatives from this early in the month

Archived