Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That activity heading out of Iowa shows some promise at coming this way later tonight. 

Otherwise just a breezy, humid night.

Quite a temperature difference across the northern suburbs tomorrow.

... and the Quad Cities metro.

temp21.gif

That activity heading out of Iowa shows some promise at coming this way later tonight. 

Otherwise just a breezy, humid night.

Quite a temperature difference across the northern suburbs tomorrow.

... and the Quad Cities metro.

temp21.gif

Wouldn't mind 60s, more likely to happen if there's convection ongoing though.

The cluster of strong storms that has traversed southeast Iowa all evening is crapping the bed now as they approach the QC.  Looks like the stuff out in western Iowa will eventually pass north of this area later in the night.  This should set us up for a very warm and humid day with temps possibly approaching 90 later in the day if all goes well.  Temps pushing 90 with dews between 65-70 is very rare for October in this area.

I am thinkiintg we get a 2-3 week PV in Southern Canada to around the Hudson in late Dec-Jan.

But also Pacific torching around that.  But heavy winter during the best solar winter period.  Like Dec 20th to Feb 10th. 

We will see. 

Sibera is running wild.  We will continue to go below normal snow cover.  But Siberia is getting rocked.  Way South

That is China, Mongolia, Kazakhstan.  To the South of Russia.  I am sure Russians are tired of this weather.

2013276.png

The cluster of strong storms that has traversed southeast Iowa all evening is crapping the bed now as they approach the QC.  Looks like the stuff out in western Iowa will eventually pass north of this area later in the night.  This should set us up for a very warm and humid day with temps possibly approaching 90 later in the day if all goes well.  Temps pushing 90 with dews between 65-70 is very rare for October in this area.

Jinx lol.  Thick clouds and clusters of storms out in Iowa look to keep us much cooler than otherwise forecast.  Still gonna be a very springlike day with dews pushing 70. 

Real nice rain across the area this morning.  The second round of strong storms just missed me south, but I still managed 0.97" total. The CR airport got 2.04".  3" fell just sw of CR along with some large hail.

I'm not sure how warm we'll be able to get with the rain and clouds hanging on through midday.  Of course, if the front remains a bit farther south perhaps I'll get more good storms later.

There will always be some cold and snow.  Even 2011-12 had something.  Even tho it wasn't much.  It was something.

But I feel another 2010-2011 coming on.

2010-2011 Met winter was only 1 degree warmer than 08-09, which defined an amazing winter in Michigan.

The map he showed indicated mainly cold and dry for the Midwest.  Pass on that.

At least the trough isn't centered on the East Coast either.

I'd take another 10-11 winter again!

Don't think I'll break 75° today. Wish the cold front was going through tonight. This humidity has got to go!

At least the trough isn't centered on the East Coast either.

I'd take another 10-11 winter again!

Don't think I'll break 75° today. Wish the cold front was going through tonight. This humidity has got to go!

I remember 2008-2009 being under a watch while a warning was in place at one time.

"Storm A" and "Storm B" for reference.

Having 08-09 and 10-11 really close to 11-12 was a real shocker. 2011-2012 was the worst winter of my lifetime, while 08-09 was the best one.

Here was the CPC outlook for 2008-2009

0809DJF.JPG

FAIL.

OK, Back on topic... That's my last winter post in this thread.

Yeah I remember that Jonger - watch and different warning at one time! I think that was in December.

Had the big lake effect snow event for Christmas and the Blizzard right before my birthday. Couldn't have asked for a better winter, imo.

Ok, back on track. Before that winter the October was mild. +3.5°.

Big slug of rain and t-storms making there way across northern IL. Looks wet after 2pm or so.

Yeah I remember that Jonger - watch and different warning at one time! I think that was in December.

Had the big lake effect snow event for Christmas and the Blizzard right before my birthday. Couldn't have asked for a better winter, imo.

Ok, back on track. Before that winter the October was mild. +3.5°.

Big slug of rain and t-storms making there way across northern IL. Looks wet after 2pm or so.

Yeah, many of the epic winters had warm Octobers and even Novembers.  I just hope winter doesn't wait until mid or late December again to set in (in terms of the first decent wintry system).

Archived