• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

Just checking in. I was quite busy the last couple months and the Central PA weather the latter half of the summer has generally been San Diego-like. 

There's definitely some excitement now though if one looks at the weather features around the country today. We have Tropical Storm Karen lurking in the Gulf and the first major storm of the fall/winter season delivering blizzard conditions to parts of the North Central and intermountain west. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting discussion, well thought out.  I really do have my doubts that we see an El Nino develop enough to help us out this year, the La Nada / La Nina like pacific has been stubborn for several years, but next winter certainly could work out better for us.

Interesting discussion, well thought out.  I really do have my doubts that we see an El Nino develop enough to help us out this year, the La Nada / La Nina like pacific has been stubborn for several years, but next winter certainly could work out better for us.

Thanks. Ya we will see even a rise toward + would be nice.

nino34Mon.gif

Wow, that's pretty far behind here. I guess us being further north.

I think a pretty big driving factor in our rapid changing down here in the valley has been a combination of the extremely dry weather and the string of chilly mornings we've had (well up until the last week). The area up around Blue Knob as well as Johnstown, etc has had its share of rain/thunderstorms during the last half of summer while the rest of the region remained high and dry. Hopefully we'll score some decent rain tomorrow. 

I think a pretty big driving factor in our rapid changing down here in the valley has been a combination of the extremely dry weather and the string of chilly mornings we've had (well up until the last week). The area up around Blue Knob as well as Johnstown, etc has had its share of rain/thunderstorms during the last half of summer while the rest of the region remained high and dry. Hopefully we'll score some decent rain tomorrow. 

I think we will, radar looks good.

Wife and I are taking our two greyhounds to the fall greyhound gathering in Dewey Beach Delaware Wednesday-Sunday. Can't buy a drop last few weeks, looked dry down there now there's an ocean low with lots of rain. I hope it misses, or is a one-day thing. Frustrating.

Archived