Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would not be surprised to see some spin ups today, especially east of I-81...some discrete action kicking up ahead of the main line.

I just saw a report that a truck was flipped on I-81 in Virginia due to a high wind gust... pretty impressive for 9am this time of year

40mph wind gust here and rain. Large trees down around Fayetteville. 

Mid-week looks like something interesting with this on shore flow. Some one is going to get a lot of rain from this. Who is the question. NAM and Euro have 3-5" over southern PA. 

I wonder if the models are continuing to try and over develop that system (that was once Karen) like they predicted it to make landfall last week...

BTW been wanting to post this...AccuWx winter forecast summary:

- Could be chilly in Nov.

- Very mild Dec into mid Jan sometime.

- Chilly Feb

- Snowfall overall, normal above turnpike, somewhat below south.

- Storm track mostly lake cutters first half of winter, then storm track looks decent for true central PA but dicey for LSW

- Overall winter about 1-2 above normal.

I saw Joe Lundberg at Wegman's last week and he agreed with the forecast. He said he thinks that if we do get a big storm it would be Feb.

^I fear Homecoming Weekend might be ruined, and not just because Michigan blows us out by 30+.

I'll be in town. Hopefully the garbage associated with the easterly flow is contained to the coastal regions. The GFS at least is starting to keep the precip east. And I'm likewise worried about the score. :(

BTW been wanting to post this...AccuWx winter forecast summary:

- Could be chilly in Nov.

- Very mild Dec into mid Jan sometime.

- Chilly Feb

- Snowfall overall, normal above turnpike, somewhat below south.

- Storm track mostly lake cutters first half of winter, then storm track looks decent for true central PA but dicey for LSW

- Overall winter about 1-2 above normal.

I saw Joe Lundberg at Wegman's last week and he agreed with the forecast. He said he thinks that if we do get a big storm it would be Feb.

I think December will be stormy. Good mix of rain, ice and snow. I don't think any month is overly above average. December 1-2 deg. Jan Avg, Feb below. I just want a good 12"+ storm.

Archived