Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think that's about a wrap on the abnormally dry weather in the Sus Valley.. what a beatdown they have received Thurs afternoon into the overnight hours. Widespread 2"+ on the doppler estimates thus far,

post-1507-0-77417100-1381471391_thumb.pn

Slug of heavier rains attempting to make a run into the central counties and the AOO-UNV corridor in particular at this hour.

KMDT  broke record for rainfall yesterday 4.02" fell. Previous record was 1.5" set back in 1894. Many streets in the Harrisburg area are flooded, as well as the west shore side of the river. I have heard numerous water rescues (vehicles stranded in water etc) The scanner is active with service calls, trees down and flooded basements and such. Rain has stopped as of now, but it looks like another round is incoming.

I'm hearing we had over 3 more inches since midnight, totals anywhere from 7-8. WHTM27 was thinking 2-3" more through today.

Can anyone tell me why it seems like these anomalous events almost always seem to zero in on the Harrisburg, and moreso, the Susquehanna River region. The crazy September 2011 event, and now this one? For some reason, it seems to be a rain magnet in that region.

Whenever you get an anamolous ESE or SE flow off the ocean both from about 850mb down to the surface, you will notice an axis of heavy precipitation along and south of I-81.  This is from the winds interacting with the first two mountains of the Appalachian Mt.

Hershey schools closing - things getting bad over there along the Swatara I believe.

MDT's had 6.35" of rain from 7 a.m. Thursday to 7 a.m. today. It's raining harder now than most anytime yesterday ...

Swatara Creek in Hershey currently 6.9', flood stage is 7' expected to crest at 7.5'

Archived