Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!! could someone PLEASE tell me what that storm system last Saturday was called!? On the 21st I think, which was moving REALLY fast. It actually didnot pour too much on Saturday. Wow, I miss the warm temperatures and the unstable weather. I cannot believe that I saw at least three supercells IN PENNSYLVANIA since the end of August, none since September the twelfth, I think. Still working on my supercell/ tornado simulator.

Am I the only one here who wishes it would not get cold?? I like lightning to go with my thunder storms, and that does not happen much in the Winter!!

Pretty much.  there is one or two who dont care for the snow, but your in a canoe here...not a boat.

Youd be smart to come back next april as we love our snow in the central pa forum.  welcome all the same.

Nut

A few days of sunshine is nice but, hell it's been calm all dang summer. 

UNV had an unusual amount of severe weather. 

It's sort of odd we've had the most interesting weather here since last fall...near average snowfall last winter, several severe thunderstorms this spring and summer, a fairly crazy flashflood. 

It's sort of odd we've had the most interesting weather here since last fall...near average snowfall last winter, several severe thunderstorms this spring and summer, a fairly crazy flashflood. 

You guys were the hot spot. Down here was zip. I just watched everything smash that area. 

Am I the only one here who wishes it would not get cold?? I like lightning to go with my thunder storms, and that does not happen much in the Winter!!

Ya pretty much what pasnownut said. This thread is usually quite till winter then we go crazy cause we love the snow. 

In my whole time living there I don't think I ever saw a flash flood running down College Ave. That must have been incredible to see. Things have finally been picking up around Happy Valley again after the boring stretch I witnessed from 2004-2009.

Here's a good place to start. It's harder to find the threads because this was before they went regional.

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/221863-c-pa-obsdiscussion-thread-iii/page__st__700

Thanks.  TS Karen's remains should be enough to fill the bucket back up, but I don't foresee any flooding concerns outside of a few culverts backing up.

Thanks.  TS Karen's remains should be enough to fill the bucket back up, but I don't foresee any flooding concerns outside of a few culverts backing up.

Agreed.  3 and 6-hour flash flood guidance is 3-4" for the eastern 2/3rds of the state and 2-3" across the western 1/3rd.  Some significant rains would be beneficial at this point.

Agreed.  3 and 6-hour flash flood guidance is 3-4" for the eastern 2/3rds of the state and 2-3" across the western 1/3rd.  Some significant rains would be beneficial at this point.

We've been lucky with the dry September.  A lot of the corn and soy beans and hay are already harvested or nearing completion.  The farmers seem to have lucked out with no major wind storms or hail, save the State College area.

Archived