Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sun shinning bright here now too. Not sure if djr can confirm, but i have a report from over home on the west shore we got 2" with the line that wen through this am. i'm not saying i don't trust the person who told me that, but i'd rather confirm from a better source.

ill check my rain guage when I get home but radar estimates have 1-2" totals over our area so I wouldnt be surprised to see a few 2" reports

Sunny with Capes nearing 3000. Should be an interesting afternoon, Watch probably by 1-2pm. 

yea not taking much sun to see Cape values rising rapidly... a summer air mass colliding with a fall air mass with this much moisture will not need a lot of sunshine or temperatures to reach 90 to fire off some good storms later... have to imagine they start to post mesoscale discussions around noon - 1pm

ill check my rain guage when I get home but radar estimates have 1-2" totals over our area so I wouldnt be surprised to see a few 2" reports

yea not taking much sun to see Cape values rising rapidly... a summer air mass colliding with a fall air mass with this much moisture will not need a lot of sunshine or temperatures to reach 90 to fire off some good storms later... have to imagine they start to post mesoscale discussions around noon - 1pm

Nasty storm coming east of Pittsburgh. Expecting watch soon. Storms are starting to rip. 

what, you think everything stays north? Or breaks up coming through the highlands?

I think a secondary line develops south of this primary one heading for State College area with some smaller cells developing as well... temperatures are already into the mid 80s around here which has helped to continue to boost Cape values, lapse rates, etc that should work to take advantage of the 1.5"+ precipitable water.

Any storm reports with that line yet?

several reports of trees and wires down throughout Clearfield Co.

check out http://weather.im/iembot/ and under "Available Rooms" you can select NWS Pittsburgh, State College, Binghamton, etc to open as tabs and see the storm reports as they come in.  State College is often behind on some but have been on the ball so far today.

Archived