Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Releasing winter outlook 1st/2nd week of Oct. Prelim features, slightly above avg Dec temps and Jan temps (0 to +1) and slightly below normal Feb temps (-1 to 0). Snowfall avg and an ice storm or two. This is for central pa, northern pa thinking a bit more snow than avg. We shall see how final outlook comes out. 

First off, best of luck with your health :)

Second, the Euro's ENSO is really supporting this. It has a weak El Nino for second half of winter. We had average snow last year in true central PA (although that seemed to be concentrated just here as Canderson pointed out) that was backloaded second half (well, other than the last part of December). 

First off, best of luck with your health :)

Second, the Euro's ENSO is really supporting this. It has a weak El Nino for second half of winter. We had average snow last year in true central PA (although that seemed to be concentrated just here as Canderson pointed out) that was backloaded second half (well, other than the last part of December). 

Thanks Jamie. Ya Euro monthlies look like a clashing Dec/Jan then a colder Feb. Should be interesting. One nice 12" event would be nice. Then a few 3-6" events. A blizzard would make us all go nuts. Here is to long nights of whaling and gnashing of teeth over each model run and euro. haha 

Love both to answer your earlier question Eastern they are very well done. I literally go there first for every notable storm in the winter. As for the get together I say state college, Harrisburg or lewistown any Saturday this fall.

Awesome :) And that sounds good if we can get enough people this time around. 

Bring on the flakes. 

About a month until we can seriously start looking for them, although two years ago we had accumulating snow on Oct 2, and as you know, it all went downhill from there. 

I heard capes are ridiculous we are just lacking shear??

Seems to be the  case. I just want some rain. Latest HRRR fake radar for us is looking nice: http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/Welcome.cgi?dsKey=hrrr_jet&domain=t3&run_time=11+Sep+2013+-+11Z

Archived