joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2013 Observations and Discussions

SACRUS

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a couple of brief downpours these past few days but it wasn't anything spectacular, it probably lasted no more than 5 to 10 minutes if that.

I'm hoping we get something a bit more decent in the days ahead.

And at least another month or so before true hurricane season begins, which is a lot more exciting than watching some elevated storms just miss you or getting brief heavy showers.

No. NYC has picked up 0.23" bringing the monthly figure to 10.04". That ranks 3rd behind 2003 (10.27") and 2009 (10.06").

Its crazy how records always seem to make you sweat. Who would have though in the middle of June with 1" left we would still not have broken it by June 28.

Its crazy how records always seem to make you sweat. Who would have though in the middle of June with 1" left we would still not have broken it by June 28.

It would be kind of annoying to just fall short of the record, but with less than a .25" to go and plenty more rain chances for the next 3 days, I think we will break it.

Slight risk again for later today... 5 days in a row I believe (that has to be a record)

...ERN PORTIONS OF OH VALLEY...MID ATLANTIC THROUGH NERN STATES...   WSWLY WINDS ALOFT WILL STRENGTHEN AS A RESULT OF THE AMPLIFYING   UPPER TROUGH. UPPER 60S TO NEAR 70 DEWPOINTS WILL EXIST EAST OF LEE   TROUGH SUPPORTING MODERATE /1000-2000 J/KG/ MLCAPE AS THE SFC LAYER   WARMS DURING THE AFTERNOON. STORMS WILL ONCE AGAIN DEVELOP BY LATE   MORNING INTO THE AFTERNOON OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN AND IN LOW-LEVEL   CONVERGENCE ZONE AND SPREAD INTO THE DESTABILIZING WARM SECTOR.   OTHER STORMS WILL INITIATE WITHIN THE WEAKLY CAPPED ENVIRONMENT OVER   THE OH VALLEY. VERTICAL SHEAR INCREASING TO 30-40 KT WILL SUPPORT   POSSIBILITY OF ORGANIZED STORMS INCLUDING  POTENTIAL FOR BOWING LINE   SEGMENTS AND UPDRAFT ROTATION. ISOLATED DAMAGING WIND AND LARGE HAIL   WILL BE THE MAIN THREATS INTO EARLY EVENING. 

The first week of July is looking like +2 to +3 above normal temperatures with higher

dewpoints. You'll notice the the cooler temperatures over our heat wave genesis

regions in  the center of the country. That cool shot there will probably temper

any potential for major heat into early July for us. The highs this week will probably

not get matched for a while to come.

Not here. As soon as my area got in the yellows we started getting downpours...when the red stuff was over us it was insane. Short lived though unlike to my south and west

I'm waiting for a winterwarlock report. I'm sure he'll say it rained for 10 minutes but his area must have had at least 2 to 3"

it rained pretty hard for about 70 minutes...had to leave the groceries in the car, still no lightning or wind and just a few rumbles of thunder. Nothing that I have not experienced before. I see people posting stuff about raining harder than they ever saw before....omg people have very short memories

it rained pretty hard for about 70 minutes...had to leave the groceries in the car, still no lightning or wind and just a few rumbles of thunder. Nothing that I have not experienced before. I see people posting stuff about raining harder than they ever saw before....omg people have very short memories

There was plenty of lightning where I was. Also a lot of thunder. Winds also got fairly breezy for a point.

Our area got over three inches of rain.

It's not everyday you get 2.5 to 3 inches of rain in 90 minutes...and there were plenty of reports of lightning in the area.

According to the CoCoRahs reports looks like about 2.71'' here.

If the 4km is correct, then today will be drier around here than the previous forecasts

with the best storm potential south where the SPC has 30% wind.

attachicon.gifptot16.gif

Lets hope that the 4k NAM is a litte to far south today. Decent severe parameters are in place today.

Not to mention that QPF output doesn't match really well with this radar image

Some areas last night saw 2-3"+ of rain, especially west of the city. No model has really been able to nail the exact locations of the heaviest rainfall.

nam-hires_namer_012_sim_reflectivity.gif

Lets hope that the 4k NAM is a litte to far south today. Decent severe parameters are in place today.

Not to mention that QPF output doesn't match really well with this radar image

Some areas last night saw 2-3"+ of rain, especially west of the city. No model has really been able to nail the exact locations of the heaviest rainfall.

nam-hires_namer_012_sim_reflectivity.gif

False.

RGEM nailed it, and the RAP was damn close.

Stop being a weenie.

Archived