• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Low-level jet doesn't seem as strong tomorrow as it was today. Everything else seems as favorable, if not more so, for tomorrow otherwise.

Yes convetion will have to fire SE of the area highlighted to get into the best LLJ.  NW Arkansas near STL would be my uneducated guess.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Collinsville OK right now. Any thoughts on what appears to be devwloping mcs too the west?

RAZR 2

It looks to be behind an outflow boundary if you view the KINX radar. 

Looks like a gust front. Not sure it is worth staying out for it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Stay safe over the next few hours, JoMo.

Think we're gonna be ok here. There looks to be at least one outflow boundary from those storms to the west of here and the 'line' is behind it, so tornado threat is probably pretty low. The storms don't look like they are in any hurry to catch up with the front so hail and wind is probably the biggest threat. 

Absolutely amazing video right there. 

The entire clip is just insane, but continuing from 5:50 and on you can just see how violent that tornado actually was with the vorticies and ridiculous motion

I saw the Carney tornado today. I've seen a lot of tornadoes over the years, but this was the most intense one I've ever seen. The motion was so violent....it was incredible. Prayers for all affected today. There was a guy crying where we were parked. I assume it was because it was hitting his house or someone that he knew. Chaser convergence there was as bad or worse than Cherokee, OK last April and behavior from some was bad too. Cars were crossing the center lane, not yielding to emergency vehicles, and people standing on the road taking photos. It amazes me how many people have no common sense and regard for other people's safety.

Think we're gonna be ok here. There looks to be at least one outflow boundary from those storms to the west of here and the 'line' is behind it, so tornado threat is probably pretty low. The storms don't look like they are in any hurry to catch up with the front so hail and wind is probably the biggest threat. 

I'm looking at that - directly south of Independence, KS - just past Tyro, KS. Looks like it may be rotating - or is it too far back to produce?

Does anybody know if Wichita took a big hit?  It seemed like a big deal while it was going on. This is all I could find:

2038   6 S WEST WICHITA SEDGWICK KS 3760 9746 UPROOTED TREES AND DOWNED POWER LINES FOR ABOUT A MILE NEAR 119TH STREET WEST AND JUST NORTH OF 55TH STREET SOUTH. UNKNOWN DAMAGE TO FARMSTEADS AS WELL. (ICT)

Really tough to get handle on the severe weather scenario for Monday, but there is going to be a lot of CAPE, plenty of shear, and numerous storms over a large area. Could be some pretty wicked environments near the dryline/boundary intersection in OK (wherever that ends up) and in pockets further northeast into the Midwest. It would not be surprising to see a few significant tornado events, but its going to be difficult to figure out the locations of the highest risk with a lot of lead time. Regardless of the details, we will probably see another few hundred severe reports tomorrow. This has definitely been a unique and productive multi-day event across the central U.S. 

Archived