Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm environment is just ridiculous, clearly these clusters of storms are not only enhancing the synoptic environment and subtly backing the low level flow, but they are creating their own local highly enhanced environments. 350 m2/s2 of 0-1 km SRH is pretty much off the charts. 

Cumet basically has a perfect track record for calling these outbreaks. I will never doubt him again.

We've had around 23 Tornadoes day... Seems like almost everyone of them has done some damage. And several tornadoes have done significant damage.

New Tornado looks like it's developing... Also looks like a Tornado is about to enter northwest Des Moines

The new Rapid Refresh V2 (currently not operational yet but available for use on SPC meso) has the locally enhanced 0-1 km SRH nailed.

RRV2 has been nailing it all day it seems. I've been impressed.

The storm environment is just ridiculous, clearly these clusters of storms are not only enhancing the synoptic environment and subtly backing the low level flow, but they are creating their own local highly enhanced environments. 350 m2/s2 of 0-1 km SRH is pretty much off the charts. 

Cumet basically has a perfect track record for calling these outbreaks. I will never doubt him again.

Whoa, you do remember that I backpedaled a bit this morning from the high risk talk right?  If anything, I'm slightly surprised at how violent these 2-3 supercells have been given the somewhat meager helicities being analyzed thus far, although the surface obs and the local effects that you mentioned suggest that the mesoanalysis and HRRR forecasts have their flaws.

Storms N of Enid and E of Arkansas City are intensifying

We were just watching the northern ones. One got tor warned about 25 mi NE but we didn't follow. May check the southern one if it starts looking better. The middle one is lame.

Archived