joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 'oh, who cares' 1st half of May boring ass pattern banter thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can really see the cold plume on the satellite imagery punching S out of D. Straight ...together with associated v/max/short wave, slated to pass off shore tomorrow night.  

Typically with BD fronts ... if you see them modeled for a given hour, chances are they win that race by a little.   Wouldn't surprise me to see the wind kick around the NE over NE sections earlier than 00z tomorrow night.  

I don't know who thought that? If anything..I  was too warm in my thinking

I was too. We both were agreeing the 2nd half of the month could torch but we were def wrong on that. It started to become apparent by maybe 4/7-4/10 that the 2nd half torch idea was in trouble.

A lot of energy mets had the entire CONUS pretty much torching in April...oops. DT actually was the first one I saw that said it could be in the freezer most of the month over most of the country. Good call by him.

compday1922501752512010.gif 

I was too. We both were agreeing the 2nd half of the month could torch but we were def wrong on that. It started to become apparent by maybe 4/7-4/10 that the 2nd half torch idea was in trouble.

A lot of energy mets had the entire CONUS pretty much torching in April...oops. DT actually was the first one I saw that said it could be in the freezer most of the month over most of the country. Good call by him.

compday1922501752512010.gif

Yeah it was a good call by him. Actually iirc, I think the GEFS were the ones to hint at colder wx perhaps hanging around in that area.

Minneapolis hasn't even seen 1" of snow in May since 1976.

They're forecasted to get over 6" by the NWS... sharp cutoff though.

I was just looking at the KIJD weather records for May 1976, and the month had some wacky temperature departures such as a high of 48F on May 20th, YIKES. The month was cool and wet, maybe that can repeat itself for May of 2013.

Archived