Newest Member
    joxey
The 'oh, who cares' 1st half of May boring ass pattern banter thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking pride in your home and lawn is a horrible thing

Lol who said that? Big difference between obsession and upkeep. Small lawns are easy to keep green. Worrying that a patch of lawn on a 2 acre plot will go dormant and the neighbors might see it does strike me as obsessed. Yuppified nation.

Lol who said that? Big difference between obsession and upkeep. Small lawns are easy to keep green. Worrying that a patch of lawn on a 2 acre plot will go dormant and the neighbors might see it does strike me as obsessed. Yuppified nation.

And in some neighborhoods, vehicles must be parked in your garage...leaving a truck in the driveway is an absolute no no.

I imagine the chances of this happening to Kevin are much higher than the general public seeing as he spends so much time on his lawn.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-news/piedmont/elderly-man-hit-killed-while-riding-lawn-mower/-/10703612/19960144/-/8ud4sd/-/index.html?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wxii%2B12%2Bnews

It's funny how we've had so many wet months over the years, yet Joe is piggybacking Kevin about 2 dry months. He likes to say NBD when we get a below normal temp month in a sea of warmth so it would only be prudent to call a couple of dry months in a sea of wet as NBD. The trolling and weenieism in this forum are getting a little excessive. It's difficult to talk science because of a select few lately.

It's funny how we've had so many wet months over the years, yet Joe is making piggybacking Kevin about 2 dry months. He likes to say NBD when we get a below normal temp month in a sea of warmth so it would only be prudent to call a couple of dry months in a sea of wet as NBD. The trolling and weenieism in this forum are getting a little excessive. It's difficult to talk science because of a select few lately.

It really goes back to what Ryan and I were discussing the other day...the 1960s had the worst droughts on record in New England, and they weren't very dire.

We've been so used to wet recently the past decade that a couple of dry months might seem like a lot more than it really is.

It really goes back to what Ryan and I were discussing the other day...the 1960s had the worst droughts on record in New England, and they weren't very dire.

We've been so used to wet recently the past decade that a couple of dry months might seem like a lot more than it really is.

I recall a drought while living in my parent house in Bayside Queens during the spring/summer of 1985. My parent's had a pool and I remember that there where water restrictions regarding the filling of pool's and watering lawns. Other than that, I can't recall any really long term drought here in the Northeast since then.

A 3" rain deficit going into early May means nothing really, I'd be more concerned if it lasted into the summer and then only for farming interest's like you mentioned earlier as crop irrigation around here is un-common.

IMHO this blows away the last two springs, this is classic, dead on nuts normal spring.........its simply does not get any better than this, the process has been a pleasure, a true spring not leaf out in early April.

Just incredible.

If the dryness continues into June/July on fairly extreme levels, then it could affect the corn crop and some others in New England. The water table/reservoirs will probably not get into dire circumstances though until we are parched for over a year...or we literally get almost no rain for the next 60 days.

The lawn and gardeners will be affected.

As long as we can water our lawns with our private wells while the public water supplies have strict limits implemented.  You know, the private wells that bring water from that magical place in the ground that does not effect anyone else's water table/ reservoirs?

It's funny how we've had so many wet months over the years, yet Joe is piggybacking Kevin about 2 dry months. He likes to say NBD when we get a below normal temp month in a sea of warmth so it would only be prudent to call a couple of dry months in a sea of wet as NBD. The trolling and weenieism in this forum are getting a little excessive. It's difficult to talk science because of a select few lately.

This is exactly why Phil left. He got tired of mods and some admin constantly trolling and trying to look down on posters and discourage discussions.

This is exactly why Phil left. He got tired of mods and some admin constantly trolling and trying to look down on posters and discourage discussions.

No he probably left because the forum has (esp in the down times) turned into nothing but a bunch of people spiking footballs, saying AWT before forecasts verify, and the lack of science in a lot of posts. Its fine for a banter thread, but it had been getting into all threads and it needs to stop. Even in banter threads, it can become a bit overwhelming and really old

No he probably left because the forum has (esp in the down times) turned into nothing but a bunch of people spiking footballs, saying AWT before forecasts verify, and the lack of science in a lot of posts. Its fine for a banter thread, but it had been getting into all threads and it needs to stop. Even in banter threads, it can become a bit overwhelming and really old

The mods here (all of them) troll just as much as anyone else does. They never used to. They used to offer thoughtful insight, not troll and make fun . It's a big reason why he left

Archived