• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 'oh, who cares' 1st half of May boring ass pattern banter thread

Typhoon Tip

Anyone good with excel?  I have excel 2010 but I forget how to do this...

I entered a list of data in excel and I have calculated the average as well as the standard deviation.  Now I want to compare a single value to the SD in order to find out how many SD above/below that single is from the calculated SD...I don't remember how to do that. 

What you're trying to do is compute a z-score. Take each value in your list, subtract the average, then divide by the standard deviation.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to see pure sarcasm 100% of the time from some of the best in the business, everything is always a joke. Anti dry debbie's going down in flames.

Being 100% serious...what are we risking right now? Aside from watering plants and grass and human desire to keep our lawns/properties looking nice (which are sort of superficial things anyway), why is this so serious?

Water tables are still good, so are reservoirs...so running out of drinking water isn't a concern. We have enough vegetation that dust storms aren't going to be a concern. Obviously it would be good to get a good soaking rain, but aside from some pollen issues, I can't see where this is so serious at this point.

Honestly, up this way people are loving it for the time being. For one, no one really cares if their grass is just light green or neon dark green, but the mountain bike trails have been phenomenal, hiking trails are drying in lower elevations, snow melt continues to keep the rivers at good flow, and off-season work is ramping up at the ski areas with plowed out work roads going dry quicker than expected.

Nope. Just one of the local architects who design their stores. This is one of their flagship stores. Unlike any of their typical locations. It has a nail salon and sushi bar as well as liquor sales. Its huge.

like anyone is going to buy Sushi at a Walgreens...lol

Someone post me the BDL 1999 AMJJA monthlies and tell me if we survived that.

No, CT's 1999 is remembered like the dust bowl of the 1930s in the plains. Not sure how many people are left in CT after that year. The state was abandoned for a couple years after the epic 1965 drought...the worst on record there. The stories from our parents are horrifying.

Nope. Just one of the local architects who design their stores. This is one of their flagship stores. Unlike any of their typical locations. It has a nail salon and sushi bar as well as liquor sales. Its huge.

Wow...always interesting to see what businesses will do to one up each other. But cool to be designing the building for that.

No, CT's 1999 is remembered like the dust bowl of the 1930s in the plains. Not sure how many people are left in CT after that year. The state was abandoned for a couple years after the epic 1965 drought...the worst on record there. The stories from our parents are horrifying.

lol...just horrible horrible stuff. Folks were driving their bathtubs to the ocean in the back of OCD clean pickup trucks just to get something to wet down their yards. Looked like stick season in August as all the leaves had wilted and already fallen off. One big brown landscape.

Not even Scott's Turf Builder could combat it.

I'm glad it's been quite dry actually.  In February of 2012 I decided to buy a pair of Timbs b/c I was tired of my sneakers falling apart and getting holes on the bottom b/c whenever it was wet out my shoes and socks would get soaked.  Well it turns out the Timbs didn't even last me a year b/c they developed holes in the bottom.  Anyways, about a month and a half ago I got these sneakers which are kind of cute so dry ground means no mud which means they can't get dirty!

I'm glad it's been quite dry actually. In February of 2012 I decided to buy a pair of Timbs b/c I was tired of my sneakers falling apart and getting holes on the bottom b/c whenever it was wet out my shoes and socks would get soaked. Well it turns out the Timbs didn't even last me a year b/c they developed holes in the bottom. Anyways, about a month and a half ago I got these sneakers which are kind of cute so dry ground means no mud which means they can't get dirty!

:weenie: :weenie:

Archived