• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2013 General Discussion Part 2

MidwestChaser

I Had not read the thread about the Twin Lakes Snow Cam melting, because I didn't care. But curiosity got the best of me and it's a good read for the entertainment value. BTW, I think Alek accused geos of being the tractor driver:

attachicon.gifgeosmeasuringstick.jpg

EDIT: The LAF looks to get hit with yet another round of storms soon. Tim and Ryan will need boats to get to work.

Lol. Did not catch the title of that jpg earlier. 

Haven't been to the U.P. lately though!

---

Down to 40° here with cloudy skies. Looks pretty dry for awhile.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah its been pretty incredible up this way.

And you were nearly at a loss for words in December with the record lack of snow. How the tide has turned. If we get a slow start next winter (hopefully not) Im sure we will hear the usual winter cancel posts, but if any year is a lesson for not speaking too soon, its this one.

Yeah, it has been a strange spring for sure...and even though it has been relatively chilly here, the cold anomalies over the upper midwest are rare.  You mentioned Fargo; I made a post in the C/W forum about how they will shatter the record for latest first 50-degree temp by several days at least...and records go back to 1881.  And Grand Forks has not had a day above 40F since December 3 (it was exactly 40F on January 10).  That is crazy...especially with a normal high in the mid-50s now.

In addition to Duluth seeing record snow since Feb. 1, I believe Denver has too.

I scanned Denvers data, and its not a record (at least yet) but certainly above normal. And your talking a city that is USED to often seeing more Fall and Spring snow rather than Winter snow.

Denver has so far seen 68.2" of snow this season (with up to 5" more possible tomorrow). Normal for the entire season is 53.5". But of that 68.2" of snow, 51.2" has fallen since Feb 1st! Also, have to love that mile high climate. 68.2" of snow and only 37 days with 1"+ snowcover.

And you were nearly at a loss for words in December with the record lack of snow. How the tide has turned. If we get a slow start next winter (hopefully not) Im sure we will hear the usual winter cancel posts, but if any year is a lesson for not speaking too soon, its this one.

No argument there.  More snow on the ground now than I had on Christmas Day.  Truly amazing.

Hahaha yeah. Upon closer inspection the twinge of green i saw was a stand of trees with a liberal coating of green moss... Disregard.... Spring green out cancel...

Hey - I have a tree like that as well. Especially looks green this morning with it being wet out. lol

It's going to be the very end of the month before we see leaves of any size. - unless we get a torch to show up out of nowhere sometime soon.

Friday looks nasty around here. Midnight high will likely screw things up but current forecast calls for an afternoon rebound to 50 which would probably be optimistic with full sun let alone clouds. With clouds and 850 mb temps around -5C, I think we are going to struggle to get above the low 40s during the daytime. Breezy too.

not looking forward to Friday at all!

FRIDAY...BREEZY...COLDER...CLOUDY. SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS AND
SNOW SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN NUMEROUS RAIN SHOWERS AND SNOW
SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. SOUTHWEST WINDS
15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
70 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...BREEZY...COLDER. NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS.
ACCUMULATION EXPECTED. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. WEST WINDS 15 TO
25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 MPH SHIFTING TO THE NORTHWEST
10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 30 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE
OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW
SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S.

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hello, hello from ORD.   how come so quiet since becoming a member? We don't bite but watch out for the couple of mall cop wannabe moderators.

What are your weather interest?  Are you a warminista that likes growing tropicals in the north - a snow weenie - severe weather destruction -?

Today's forecast was one huge cluster****.

First off, the forecast called for mostly cloudy skies, yet it was mostly sunny through 2-3 PM.

Now, we have t'storms moving through, even though the forecast didn't call for much if any rain before 9 PM (let alone t'storms).

Friday looks nasty around here. Midnight high will likely screw things up but current forecast calls for an afternoon rebound to 50 which would probably be optimistic with full sun let alone clouds. With clouds and 850 mb temps around -5C, I think we are going to struggle to get above the low 40s during the daytime. Breezy too.

not looking forward to Friday at all!

FRIDAY...BREEZY...COLDER...CLOUDY. SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS AND

SNOW SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN NUMEROUS RAIN SHOWERS AND SNOW

SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. SOUTHWEST WINDS

15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

70 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...BREEZY...COLDER. NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS.

ACCUMULATION EXPECTED. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. WEST WINDS 15 TO

25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 MPH SHIFTING TO THE NORTHWEST

10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 30 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE

OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW

SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S.

I understand snow up in the tundra of bo land, but down here in the tropics?!

Friday Night  

A chance of rain showers before 9pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

:ee:

Wow, point and click looking bullish tonight...

Tonight Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Temperature rising to around 60 by 4am. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible

Only 44 right now, but temps may rise to 60 later tonight, and may come close to 70 tomorrow morning.  Today was one of the stormiest days I've seen in a long time.  Basically been thundering steadily since 5am at varying degrees.

Wow, point and click looking bullish tonight...

Tonight Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Temperature rising to around 60 by 4am. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible

Only 44 right now, but temps may rise to 60 later tonight, and may come close to 70 tomorrow morning.  Today was one of the stormiest days I've seen in a long time.  Basically been thundering steadily since 5am at varying degrees.

Sheesh, I didn't even know that point and click could spit out a 2-3 inch QPF range. I thought the top QPF category was just "more than 2 inches."

Archived