CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April 2013 General Discussion Part 2

MidwestChaser

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Environment Canada is confirming a tornado touched down in northern Dufferin County about 60 miles NW of Toronto during last nights storms. They are calling it at least an "EF1"... which means EC has switched over the the Enhanced Fujita scale. That's surprising. 

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=909019&playlistId=1.1244879&binId=1.815892&playlistPageNum=1

My April 16-19th total rainfall (through 8am today) was "only" 1.33". Total on the month 4.36". Yesterday at this time we had heat indexes in the low 80s and now have wind chills in the upper 20s :lmao:

For the snow lovers...I posted my annual timeline recap of the winter in pictures

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/40039-winter-of-2012-13-in-pictures-se-michigan/

Hit 78F yesterday, warmest of the year by far (previous was 67). Hot, humid and a decent squall line with some wind damage and a brief tornado. Not a bad start to spring, just wish this warmth would stick around. Flurries forecast for tomorrow..

Pretty amazing actually. Within 9 days we will have had a major ice storm, the warmest day of the year, severe thunderstorms and snow. Some spring it has been.

I could be wrong, but i'd bet money we won't go above normal between now and at least May 1st, if not later...  12z GFS continues the turd pattern/

I'm still holding out for a change about the 25th. Hopefully can eek out another day or two in the 60s this month. 

So far today it's been snow shower, sun, snow shower, sun.... one after another.

There's been heavy snow pellet showers off and on for the past two hours here.  Makes a shhhhhhhhhh sound hitting against the window.  Was normal wet flakes earlier.

took a nap and woke up to a heavy pellet shower.. Sounded like a machine gun was spraying the siding with bb's

I could be wrong, but i'd bet money we won't go above normal between now and at least May 1st, if not later...  12z GFS continues the turd pattern/

April can be a pretty cruel month.  That just kinda goes with the territory living in the Great Lakes and Upper Midwest.  I'd rather have this type of weather in April than have it all winter long.

When this crap pattern continues well into the month of May is when the real weenie meltdowns begin.  That's a prime t-storm month going to waste.

still 7.5 months for the severe snobs.

Tornado warning test message and sirens went off to snow falling.   Caught me off guard when I heard the siren and its not even a half mile away so it cranks..  Last time I heard the siren was in june 2008 maybe was it.   Hopefully don't hear it again until 2048.

while this isn't Twin Lakes....lol, This is pretty impressive for late April.  Not really all that rare up here, but for my first season, it's crazy to see Winter this time of the year.

Tonight: Snow showers. Windy. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. West winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph.

Archived