12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Your 4th Annual Lawn Thread/ Tickle your Grass

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they're awful this year.  We back up to 40 acres of weeks, and our neighborhood is like a Lyme Disease clinic. 

They are, I can see them little bastids scurrying everywhere, Of course if i kept my shots in the fairway i would not have to worry about them............. :lol:

Zoysia is hideous and invasive. We are talking property values dropping and lawsuits from neighbors with that crap. Saw it happen in my younger days working in lawn care service.

LMAO--lawsuits over grass?  Time to move out of that area.  We are much more laissez-faire about life up here.  Lots of cars arent' clean.  Kevin would hate it.

:lol:  Mowing sucks, I would rather spend my time at the golf course or maintaining the garden

I like mowing and all sorts of outdoor chores (just being outdoors is great).  Right now, I am just so behind on my splitting.  So much to do before the cold season descends.

LMAO--lawsuits over grass? Time to move out of that area. We are much more laissez-faire about life up here. Lots of cars arent' clean. Kevin would hate it.

I'm sure the HOAs can't stand it in April and May when it is still dormant, but it looks great during the heart of the warm season. It spreads relatively fast and chokes out everything around it. Like Joe said, it could piss off neighbors if it starts lurching into their lawn. I believe they are engineering it now to last a little longer on both ends of the warm season than it used to too.

I'm sure the HOAs can't stand it in April and May when it is still dormant, but it looks great during the heart of the warm season. It spreads relatively fast and chokes out everything around it. Like Joe said, it could piss off neighbors if it starts lurching into their lawn. I believe they are engineering it now to last a little longer on both ends of the warm season than it used to too.

Sounds like it won't grow out here per Bob's earlier comments (I think they were Bob's).  But, I'd like to get soemthing to choke off the japanese knot week.  That stuff just sucks.  I cant' curse it enough.

Sounds like it won't grow out here per Bob's earlier comments (I think they were Bob's). But, I'd like to get soemthing to choke off the japanese knot week. That stuff just sucks. I cant' curse it enough.

It'll grow. It just has a shorter season than most grasses you see around here. We were living outside of MHT where we had it.

I like before/after shots, so here's one from when I started the cabin and this past weekend. Hopefuly it's green when I return for Memorial Day weekend.

Looks great, Mark.   Did you build it yourself?

Mucho rain over many days make for happy lawns.  Get your seed down now for some lazy-man's watering.

Looks great, Mark. Did you build it yourself?

Mucho rain over many days make for happy lawns. Get your seed down now for some lazy-man's watering.

I did, I mean I am. Weekend warrior, so its been 2 years in the making, but I'll finish by fall... or next year, or in 10 years. I hope not too much (intense) rain to wash all the seed away.

lol.  No wonder these guys "love" mowing so much.  These postage stamp, flat patches of grass take about as long as it does to take a crap.

No doubt.

Our grass covered 'yard' is about an acre and hilly as all hell.  Takes me a couple hours to trim, hand-mow the tight spots and then ride around on the tractor drinking beer to get the whole thing done. 

I haven't even thought of mowing yet this year, haven't gotten out the hand mower and haven't put the mower deck back on the tractor--obviously my locale is later than a lot of other folks on the board and with the recent dry spell, there has been very little growth.  Our quarter-inch of rain last night was amazing for greening up though.  More en route too.....

No doubt.

Our grass covered 'yard' is about an acre and hilly as all hell. Takes me a couple hours to trim, hand-mow the tight spots and then ride around on the tractor drinking beer to get the whole thing done.

I haven't even thought of mowing yet this year, haven't gotten out the hand mower and haven't put the mower deck back on the tractor--obviously my locale is later than a lot of other folks on the board and with the recent dry spell, there has been very little growth. Our quarter-inch of rain last night was amazing for greening up though. More en route too.....

My yard is large and hilly. I don't know who has a postage stamp yard that posts here. The part about you drinking beers cracked me up lol

Archived