• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Your 4th Annual Lawn Thread/ Tickle your Grass

Damage In Tolland

There's no reason to start any new lawn thread until warmth and spring are imminent. We are 4 -5 weeks away from any kind of lawn work anywhere in NE unless you are on the water. I always start it when spring wx arrives..Noone will be doing lawn work with crusted snow and temps in the 20's and 30's. Folks up ion NNE will have snow until mid-late April OTG

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no reason to start any new lawn thread until warmth and spring are imminent. We are 4 -5 weeks away from any kind of lawn work anywhere in SNE unless you are on the water. I always start it when spring wx arrives..Noone will be doing lawn work with crusted snow and temps in the 20's and 30's.

For me it can begin in a couple of ways before the warmth.   As soon as the snow depth is low enough to be taking down trees near-ground level the chores can begin.  Similarly, as soon as the snow's cleared, time to drive around picking up branches and the like that have come down to kick off the burn season.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some burning over the weekend. Nothing more New England.

When should we think about Dimension Kevin .2nd to 3rd week of April?

i picked up 1st two feedings the past weekend. was talking to the manager and he recommends feeding 5 weeks apart. 1st two dimension, then the grub control. we used a notional start date of 4 april for my location

You could..but it's really too early to be putting any kind of lawn treatment down. Lime won't hurt..but no fert for a few more weeks

Yeah I though lime was anytime, but best in the fall, which I missed..  I am planning on the weekend of April 12th for step 1...but even that may be a week too early.  I also read not to lime when you fert, so I figured get it down so it washes in by the time in fert.

Yeah I though lime was anytime, but best in the fall, which I missed..  I am planning on the weekend of April 12th for step 1...but even that may be a week too early.  I also read not to lime when you fert, so I figured get it down so it washes in by the time in fert.

First shot of straight Lesco fert goes down early April..then dimension whenever the forsythia are in bloom. Who the hell knows when that will be this year

Do you guys think I am safe to put down pelletized lime tomorrow morning with that heavy rain predicted tomorrow night?

heavy rain will likely wash away the lime pellets. i would wait until the ground thaws a bit so it can penetrate the soil in a nice gentle rain

Archived