bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Your 4th Annual Lawn Thread/ Tickle your Grass

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news is that my chemical burns are bouncing back.  Aerated yesterday. Aeration sucks. Had a great chat with woman at Lesco. I was trying to buy some of their high traffic park seed.  Its wicked expensive $165.  She said go to Home Depot. They now carry Lesco seed and its the same formulation seed. Its cheaper per lb than she can sell it there for smaller quantities.  

Definitely have a grub problem on one side of the house. The previous owners said the "spot treated" for grubs.

20130919_141609_zps9c38979b.jpg

Good news is that my chemical burns are bouncing back.  Aerated yesterday. Aeration sucks. Had a great chat with woman at Lesco. I was trying to buy some of their high traffic park seed.  Its wicked expensive $165.  She said go to Home Depot. They now carry Lesco seed and its the same formulation seed. Its cheaper per lb than she can sell it there for smaller quantities.  

Definitely have a grub problem on one side of the house. The previous owners said the "spot treated" for grubs.

where was that? i am looking for a store to purchase lesco fert.

I think they'll be digging for the pool next week.  I suppose that's one way to lessen the burden of mowing.  Fortunately it's being placed in an area where the lawn tends to struggle a bit (actually, I have a lot of those places).

The digging begins tomorrow.  They're dropping it in somewhere between the deck and shed.  Alas.

post-462-0-73073700-1380455046_thumb.jpg

Inground?

Yeah--dollars to donuts there's going to be ledge requiring, ftfl (for the financial loss).  I have no desire for this--wife wins out.  Funny how that works.

Bought two guinea pigs last night.  I have no desire for these--daughter wins out.  Funny how that works.

I'm spending the day today stacking wood  Funny how that works.

Nicely done, Bob.  Quite the transformation.

Thanks

Less lawn to mow with the pool going in.

Earlier this week, just prior to encountering enormous ledge, ftl.

Ledge shots?  Did they blast?

Llooks solid, hit it with some food if you haven't been already

Thanks.  I did use a starter on it to help it establish.  That was 35 days ago.  Still have some left that I could use on it.  I still have to put down my last feeding which I was waiting to put down after mid-month or so.  My main lawn has slowed it's growth but is still growing some.  I usually wrap up my mid-Nov on my season.

Archived