Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are planing on raising totals to 5-10

I'm just used to them posting updates every 7 minutes....temp up to....sun coming out...wind just blew...Wes caught a fish...Ian got mad at Randy...Matt...says today's digit is bogus...you know normal day...nothing since the it ain't gonna stick post...I'm concerned they may be over there living their lives or something

I'm just used to them posting updates every 7 minutes....temp up to....sun coming out...wind just blew...Wes caught a fish...Ian got mad at Randy...Matt...says today's digit is bogus...you know normal day...nothing since the it ain't gonna stick post...I'm concerned they may be over there living their lives or something

I called someone a jerk on the blog yesterday so I'm taking a self imposed break. Forgot I wasn't here..

I think it's a little colder. Seems at this point snow is a lock for a good bit of the event. Temps are definitely colder than March 6th. I think if you received snow on March 6th you should get snow again. So I won't expect any snow here.

I got 4.5 on 3/6 and am expecting less on 3/25.  We had heavy daylight rates for a good six hours on 3/6, and not sure we'll see the same kind of intensity tomorrow.  

Who knows at this point.

looks like snow moving into CHO based on cams...lycnhbrg is covered

Seems like precip is starting as snow at higher altitudes and RAPL at lower altitudes.  Very little virga.  If the models are to be believed, this WAA precip area will pretty much fall apart as it approach us and then precip will develop overhead overnight. 

It's much better. And much better than down south. The Lower they get snow the better off we are. Anyone know where the snow line is down there? 800'?

Most of LYH looks to be around 700-800' in elevation. Crewe, VA near Farmville is around 500' and looks like rain per the webcam there.

looks like snow moving into CHO based on cams...lycnhbrg is covered

I'm thinking white grass is almost a given up here for most....I refuse to call it sloppy or say "only" because I think this is a pretty cool deal for this late...much in the way you have said why forecast it since it won't stick to streets I am saying don't downplay it because its probably gonna snow decently on March 25th....

Seems like precip is starting as snow at higher altitudes and RAPL at lower altitudes.  Very little virga.  If the models are to be believed, this WAA precip area will pretty much fall apart as it approach us and then precip will develop overhead overnight. 

yes....the lull may be between say 10pm and 3 am...we could get a burst early this evening that coats people

I'm thinking white grass is almost a given up here for most....I refuse to call it sloppy or say "only" because I think this is a pretty cool deal for this late...much in the way you have said why forecast it since it won't stick to streets I am saying don't downplay it because its probably gonna snow decently on March 25th....

There is some reverse psychology going on. I would know because I am doing it too.

I guess since LWX has WWA-criteria snow in the forecast for tomorrow they'll be issuing advisories to the Bay soon. I guess...

Not anymore. Now they have less than an inch for most of Montgomery County and to the south/east. I'm not sure what caused them to scale it back. 

A WWA means there has to be 2-4" of snow, which the NWS doesn't think will happen.

Archived