• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2013 General Discussion Part 2

SchaumburgStormer

Speaking of snow, today my mom had to text me to tell me she thought of me when she was at the mall and saw there will still huge ugly black piles of snow. I guess snow in ANY form makes those who know me think of me lmaosmiley.gif

We had a clear morning, naturally followed by a cloudy afternoon, but it was weird to see the cobalt sky. Snapped this pic when I got to work.

3529-800.jpg

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torch here today...made it to 40º at LAF. Seriously though, felt kinda warm with mostly sunny skies...suppose it's all relative. Lots of melt today, but still about half the yard covered. Soon, only the plowed piles will remain.

Golfers around here starting to get antsy. Talked to several today that said they heard next week was going to be in the 60's and 70's. Hmm, good old Chad must be at it again. 

You will have to update us on how long the plow piles last. Its always interesting to see when the last to melt is in spring. Here the mall piles are still huge but are comprised of mostly very old snow so if you didnt know better, it would look like huge mounds of dirt from afar until you got closer and realized it was ancient plowed "snow". Other parking lots have black and gray plow piles (few tints of "white") in the shadier spots, but many lots are completely snow-pile free.

This is kinda like twisitng an already deep knife wound. :D

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

MUCH COLDER WEATHER WILL ARRIVE LATER SUNDAY INTO TUESDAY...
WITH ACCUMULATING LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS EXPECTED.

...ACCUMULATING SNOW APPEARS QUITE
LIKELY...ESPECIALLY SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY AS THE CORE OF COLDEST
AIR CROSSES OVERHEAD...COINCIDENT WITH DECENT SHEAR PROFILES TO
SUPPORT SOME DIFFUSE BANDING. THOSE SNOW SHOWERS WILL LIKELY
CONTINUE RIGHT ON INTO TUESDAY

Snow is in full melt mode.  down to 16".  it's so bright out with the sun this time of year, it makes the snow cover seem out of place and odd.

outside of the snowbelts in N MI, snow cover is getting gone!

You will have to update us on how long the plow piles last. Its always interesting to see when the last to melt is in spring. Here the mall piles are still huge but are comprised of mostly very old snow so if you didnt know better, it would look like huge mounds of dirt from afar until you got closer and realized it was ancient plowed "snow". Other parking lots have black and gray plow piles (few tints of "white") in the shadier spots, but many lots are completely snow-pile free.

Mall/shopping center piles should be good for awhile here I'd think. I'll be checking on their progress. 

Sad day though, as our remaining snow cover on the grass will be toast today. But such is life in late March. A great March here...I'll remember it fondly. :)

Lots of topographical features showing up on IR this morning, the Madison area (Lake Mendota and Monona) and the Wisconsin River Valley show up as warm spots, despite everything being frozen over, probably since there's higher population density near lakes and rivers. Kind of ironic since valleys should be colder than the hills on radiational cooling nights.

post-645-0-13633600-1364478566_thumb.png

35F already up on the bluff...should make 45F pretty easily today.  Should see snow disappear very very quickly now. 

That skidmark across Illinois will be gone so fast...  going to be great planting conditions..if warm weather every shows up...i bet farmers are running in circles right now...because you have snow in spots, you've got deep frost in other areas, you've got rain in the forecast, you still will have very muddy conditions to contend with...  be at least late April to early May before planting gets underway?

Torch here today...made it to 40º at LAF. Seriously though, felt kinda warm with mostly sunny skies...suppose it's all relative. Lots of melt today, but still about half the yard covered. Soon, only the plowed piles will remain.

Golfers around here starting to get antsy. Talked to several today that said they heard next week was going to be in the 60's and 70's. Hmm, good old Chad must be at it again.

Yeah, Chad mentioned analog data or something like that supporting those temps.

lol. Weekend does look fairly mild (think we have a shot to tag 60) but back to cold after that.

No doubt, looks like a nice weekend of tap. But that guy has a serious medium/long range warm bias. Must be he doesn't look at any model guidance or teleconnections...instead basing it off half assed terrible analogs. I'm pretty sure the guy called for a warm second half of March, back in early March. Oops.

Archived