Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2013 General Discussion Part 2

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geos-

I'm guessing people kayak out on L Michigan?  I doubt this one is big enough (13ft) for that...  I'll probably do the La Crosse River or maybe the Black River sometime in the next 6 weeks...   You can start the La Crosse River in Sparta or a lot closer is West Salem and that river empties out right at Riverside Park here in LaCrosse.  The Black starts out in Black River Falls and that is a long paddle...that one empties in just north of L Onalaska. 

Geos-

I'm guessing people kayak out on L Michigan?  I doubt this one is big enough (13ft) for that...  I'll probably do the La Crosse River or maybe the Black River sometime in the next 6 weeks...   You can start the La Crosse River in Sparta or a lot closer is West Salem and that river empties out right at Riverside Park here in LaCrosse.  The Black starts out in Black River Falls and that is a long paddle...that one empties in just north of L Onalaska. 

Yeah some people do. Experienced kayakers with a big enough boat will tackle Lake Michigan near the shore. You wouldn't catch me out on Lake Michigan in a kayak though - waves are too unpredictable. 

I've Kayaked the Wisconsin River near Sauk City, some rivers and lakes near Land O' Lakes, and some local rivers. Those backwaters of the Mississippi by French Island looked Kayaker friendly!

Looks like light rains for the most part this weekend.

fill_94qwbg.gif

SE winds are cutting off the water this morning. Temperature level is being held in the mid to upper 40s.

Low 24°.

Edit: Looks like too many clouds for maximum heating potential today.

29° at 5:30, but it is supposed to hit 57° today. Time to head out and see if the walleye are doing their thing and check out the bald eagles. Everyone enjoy the spring day!

Froze my butt of this morning! No walleye, but after it started warming up the crappie did too. kept ten 10-12 inchers. Fresh fish for Easter dinner! lol

56 here now, point-n-click calling for 57, but the clouds are rolling in, so may not see any more temp increase. Radar's looking anemic back in IL. Looks like a high probability/low QPF event tonight.

Was at a friends house last night who lives right by DTW airport. Had to take a pic of the sunset, complete with a plane taking off lol. It was a gorgeous sunset.

DTX finally got upgraded to Dual Polarization this week. It was months after most of the rest of the country got upgraded.

Archived