e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 2013 General Discussion Part 2

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about LAF, but MBY is the opposite...

Jan: 3.4"

Feb: 4.8"

Mar: 17.6"

lol its like two completely different winters for places that are so relatively close

Nov- 0.4"

Dec- 11.4"

Jan- 10.3"

Feb- 22.0"

Mar- 3.7"

Whats funny about this gray, chilly, boring march....only 8 of the 25 days have had 0 snowcover, but no day has had more than 2" depth (there have been 5 days of 1", 2 days of 2", and 10 days of T).

What a few more degrees in wind direction and 850 mb temp would do for us!

We've had a constant LES flizzard going on since about 4 pm.  Now back up to a coating on the grass (after all of last night's snow melted) but VPZ still reporting 0.6 C means the roads and even sidewalks remain just wet.

What a few more degrees in wind direction and 850 mb temp would do for us!

We've had a constant LES flizzard going on since about 4 pm.  Now back up to a coating on the grass (after all of last night's snow melted) but VPZ still reporting 0.6 C means the roads and even sidewalks remain just wet.

Perhaps I spoke too soon.  Surprisingly well-organized band forming over the lower lake, despite the marginal deltaT's.  Shame the surface is still too warm for god accumulations.

post-1820-0-27461200-1364273757_thumb.pn

Wow, Frostfern - those pictures are incredible! You do know how to take good snow pics! :thumbsup:

I bet Wawa will have snow cover into May.

It might but the natural snow depth in Wawa wasn't as much as places to the south (probably around two feet).  The piles were big though.  The ice on the higher lakes in the park was 3 feet thick.  That will probably be there through early May.  Its black fly and mosquito season the first month after the snow and ice is gone which means more it's even less tolerable being outdoors than in the dead of winter.  Don't think I'd ever want to live in a place like that year round.

Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, and South Bend's average high temperatures in March 2013 are running 4 to 6.8º colder than March 2012's average low temperatures...through the 25th. Bloomington and Evansville pretty much a push. Pretty cool. 

Completely sunny here and melting snow. Well, we would be even if we were completely overcast...late March and all.

12z GFS might have one to watch for next Monday. Though it's like throwing darts blindfolded, at that range this time of the year...

Completely sunny here and melting snow. Well, we would be even if we were completely overcast...late March and all.

12z GFS might have one to watch for next Monday. Though it's like throwing darts blindfolded, at that range this time of the year...

And they keep on coming! If somehow that storm would show up on Monday, I would think it would be a bit north of the one that just departed. Regardless, next week looks cold though.

Even the large piles of snow are nearly gone, leaving behind all the rocks te snow plow dumped in my yard...

Wow, managed to get to 41° today! Really torching out there.  ^_^

About that here too feels like a nice early march day although you can really tell to power of the sun.  Lots of melting today

Even the large piles of snow are nearly gone, leaving behind all the rocks te snow plow dumped in my yard...

Today will be the last snow cover day here for awhile. Neighborhood is about ~70% covered, but with more sun tomorrow a lot more will be melted by the end of the day. Still a lot of big piles around.

Clouds are starting to look non-winterish.

Today was the most beautiful day in months it seemed. It reached 38 at my house with full sun after 12pm.  I could hear the snow melting off the roof.  Went for a walk and the sun warmed my back..... felt so good! 

18-20" still on the ground as of today. 

Looking out a window downstairs in my basement. 

cool summer cottage down the road thats vacant now

I noticed that....theres all these dirty piles of debris/rock in all the parking lots now that many of the snow piles have melted. Most of the ones that remain are rock-hard black piles of ice lol.

Strange day here. Overcast (well thats nothing new lol) and temps would shoot into the low-mid 40s, then a convective snow shower would hit and wet (not whiten) the ground causing temps to fall to the mid-upper 30s, then once the snow shower passed it would shoot up to the low 40s again...then back down to the mid-upper 30s with the next snow shower. And so on and so on.

Today will be the last snow cover day here for awhile. Neighborhood is about ~70% covered, but with more sun tomorrow a lot more will be melted by the end of the day. Still a lot of big piles around.

Clouds are starting to look non-winterish.

attachicon.gif130326_0002.jpg

We went from over 7" to less than 2" in less than 2 days.

We had a weak wave move through this afternoon, producing a little snow/sleet/graupel mix. The clouds looked convective, reminded me of building t-storms.

Archived