12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2013 General Discussion Part 2

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess this will be the last winter of keeping personal snowfall records in Etobicoke. I'm sure Pearson Airport will do a great job of filling in. LOL. Or maybe not.

But seriously, with a -PNA regime dominating for the most part, I'm sure you'll get your fair share of winter weather out in Alberta, especially in the fall and spring.

Yup, end of an era. I've been keeping continuous precipitation records imby since August 1, 1999. It's going to be sad to see that end although I still have an application pending with Osgoode Hall so you never know :)

Yup, end of an era. I've been keeping continuous precipitation records imby since August 1, 1999. It's going to be sad to see that end although I still have an application pending with Osgoode Hall so you never know :)

Good luck with your applications. It's nice that you won't be missing winter weather either way. I can't imagine living in a place year-round, like Hawaii, with no snow. Though I have family in Hawaii and I was there Christmas 2010.

Good luck with your applications. It's nice that you won't be missing winter weather either way. I can't imagine living in a place year-round, like Hawaii, with no snow. Though I have family in Hawaii and I was there Christmas 2010.

Thank you. I'll be back in TO during December for Christmas so hopefully any big storms we see in 2013-14 come then. ;)

Back to business...where'd the extra 1/2 a cm come from during February at the U of T station? I'm just noticing this now.

Not in this sub, but have to post this.

You don't see this everyday...

101 in deep south Texas, with snow and 31 in Dumas Texas in the northern panhandle. 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/jesusea.jpg/'>jesusea.jpg

Tighter in look at the extreme range in conditions over the TX panhandle.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/jesus2e.jpg/'>jesus2e.jpg

Thank you. I'll be back in TO during December for Christmas so hopefully any big storms we see in 2013-14 come then. ;)

Back to business...where'd the extra 1/2 a cm come from during February at the U of T station? I'm just noticing this now.

Canuck you honestly leaving Toronto, :o whats the reason? Is it the non-existent winters in the GTA snow dome? haha? 

Enjoy your trip man but how could you leave the Toronto crew man, gonna miss your thoughts and your incredible confidence you've had all these years despite the lack of Wintry weather recently. Better come back for a visit. Hopefully when you do, their's nothing but continuous Winter storms to feed your pride ;)

That's a crazy gradient across Texas, Cyclone! 

Made it to 36° before clouds invaded the skies. Amazing this month has only produced two 40°+ days.

Wow, that is amazing.  You made me check my data log and we've only had six.  Highest temp for the month so far is today's 43 lol.  Last year at this time we had numerous days in the month with LOWS above that.

Wow, that is amazing.  You made me check my data log and we've only had six.  Highest temp for the month so far is today's 43 lol.  Last year at this time we had numerous days in the month with LOWS above that.

Yeah you can see my temperature chart so far this year. The averages are going up, but the actual average this month has been going straight ahead instead!  :lmao:

Yeah you can see my temperature chart so far this year. The averages are going up, but the actual average this month has been going straight ahead instead!  :lmao:

attachicon.gif2013temps-032313.jpg

Nice.  I was looking through old pics trying to see if I had snapped any pics off around the yard from about this time last year.  Would have been interesting to see the comparison to this year.  I do remember the leaves were out on the trees by late March, along with mowing.  Buds haven't even begun to swell yet here, which is highly unusual.

Maybe I'll peruse the March '12 thread later and see what type of stuff we were talking about this time last year.

It looks like I may have missed some excitement in the storm thread earlier and I'm not talking about the suicide watch with the last minute model shifts. It just caught my eye because ol' Patrick is only 15 miles south of me.

Here's me for the next couple of days:

Feb. 19th. It used to be 1.0 mm rain with 1.6 mm liquid. There was some snow late that night from a streamer off Lake Huron that gave a quick dusting of 0.6 cm.

Canuck you honestly leaving Toronto, :o whats the reason? Is it the non-existent winters in the GTA snow dome? haha? 

Enjoy your trip man but how could you leave the Toronto crew man, gonna miss your thoughts and your incredible confidence you've had all these years despite the lack of Wintry weather recently. Better come back for a visit. Hopefully when you do, their's nothing but continuous Winter storms to feed your pride ;)

You guys are going to get me teary eyed. :lol: But save the best wishes 'til I actually leave.

It looks like I may have missed some excitement in the storm thread earlier and I'm not talking about the suicide watch with the last minute model shifts. It just caught my eye because ol' Patrick is only 15 miles south of me.

Here's me for the next couple of days:

You look young for your age. Also overachieved with the wife. :D

You look young for your age. Also overachieved with the wife. :D

:lmao:

---

March 19, 2012 vs. Mar 21, 2013. Camera isn't point the same direction, but the same area. Snow picture view is pointed to the right of the green grass image.

:lmao:

---

March 19, 2012 vs. Mar 21, 2013. Camera isn't point the same direction, but the same area. Snow picture view is pointed to the right of the green grass image.

Grass has greened up pretty good in the 2012 pic.  Gonna be at least 2-3 weeks at least before we see grass green up like that.  Totally dormant/brown right now with the frozen ground.

Archived