joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March snow blitz! March 24-25th

cyclone77

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro looks a little more amped up at 72 hours than the 0z was...this may come a tick north...we'll find out soon.

attachicon.gifEuro 72.gif

it actually shows a 999 right over cmh at 7296, (on plymouth), with the transfer occuring to a stronger coastal.  Hard to tell what the wtod is gonna do, but definitely a much greater concern this run.

it actually shows a 999 right over cmh at 72, (on plymouth), with the transfer occuring to a stronger coastal.  Hard to tell what the wtod is gonna do, but definitely a much greater concern this run.

On Instantwxmaps it looks like it keeps 850mb temps below zero (somehow) even down in SE OH where I am, but waiting for the text on Accu pro to catch up.

On Instantwxmaps it looks like it keeps 850mb temps below zero (somehow) even down in SE OH where I am, but waiting for the text on Accu pro to catch up.

i noticed that too, i'm skeptical.  Only thing I can figure is the secondary saves us temp wise, (but that's pretty scary to rely on)

edit...plymouth looks like it gets the 850 pretty close to i-70 at 12z sunday, but crashes after that

i noticed that too, i'm skeptical.  Only thing I can figure is the secondary saves us temp wise, (but that's pretty scary to rely on)

edit...plymouth looks like it gets the 850 pretty close to i-70 at 12z sunday, but crashes after that

It's mostly rain for me for sure...you may be a bit better near CMH...definitely got hairy down here...this is CMH:

SUN 12Z 24-MAR  -1.7    -0.3    1013      63      63    0.00     551     541    SUN 18Z 24-MAR   5.0    -0.1    1009      47     100    0.02     549     542    MON 00Z 25-MAR   1.9    -1.9    1004      71     100    0.08     544     541    MON 06Z 25-MAR   0.7    -3.5    1000      89      69    0.25     536     537    MON 12Z 25-MAR   0.7    -4.3     999      97      77    0.10     531     531    

I must say, I'm liking my chances here around Dayton. The winter has taken these storms in a favorable track for SW Ohio. Even this far out it would take a pretty big wobble to take us out of the game. Going out on a limb .... 4-6 With 8 possible where banding sets up.

It's mostly rain for me for sure...you may be a bit better near CMH...definitely got hairy down here...this is CMH:

SUN 12Z 24-MAR  -1.7    -0.3    1013      63      63    0.00     551     541    SUN 18Z 24-MAR   5.0    -0.1    1009      47     100    0.02     549     542    MON 00Z 25-MAR   1.9    -1.9    1004      71     100    0.08     544     541    MON 06Z 25-MAR   0.7    -3.5    1000      89      69    0.25     536     537    MON 12Z 25-MAR   0.7    -4.3     999      97      77    0.10     531     531    

amazingly weak amounts for how far north it comes..

...makes me want to kick myself wondering what the heck I'm doing wasting time tracking a system that drops .4 qpf in late March....

I am sensing a contest on the horizon.

Looks like there could be a foot of snow somewhere between ORD and LAF, at this early stage. Would expect the heaviest snow to trend across n IN, s MI, n OH, s ON and w NY into interior New England and southern Quebec.

The contrast with last year is freakish.

Looks like there could be a foot of snow somewhere between ORD and LAF, at this early stage. Would expect the heaviest snow to trend across n IN, s MI, n OH, s ON and w NY into interior New England and southern Quebec.

Interesting thinking. Thanks for the input.

you are definitely a loyal Canadian, sir.  

IND AFD

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT WHILE LATE SEASON SNOWS ARE NOT UNHEARD OFIN CENTRAL INDIANA...SHOULD WE GET ABOVE 4 INCHES AT INDY...WE WOULDBE STEPPING INTO SOMEWHAT RAREFIED AIR. THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN TWODAYS AFTER MARCH 24 IN HISTORY WHERE INDY HAS RECEIVED 4 INCHES ORGREATER. THOSE TWO DAYS ARE 4/9/1897 AND 3/24/1912. STEPPING BACK TO3 INCHES OR GREATER...THE NUMBER OF DAYS INCREASE ONLY TO 4.POTENTIALLY A REMARKABLE CONCLUSION TO A WINTER THAT DOES NOT YETWANT TO LEAVE.

DVN going with a non-event for the QCA.  Sounds about right. 

HAVE LEANT TOWARDS THE DRIER SOLUTIONS AS THOSEHIGHER VALUES ARE SOMEWHAT OVERDONE FOR A SYSTEM WITHOUT THE BESTGULF MOISTURE FEED...AND SEEMS TO BE USING A MORE MONSOONAL MOISTURESOURCE AND ONLY SUPPLEMENTS WITH GULF MOISTUE FARTHER EAST OF OURAREA.  THUS...HAVE PUT IN SOME LIGHT SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WITH 1 TO 2INCHES POSSIBLE ALONG THE INTERSTATE 80 CORRIDOR...AND 2 TO 4 INCHESPOSSIBLE FARTHER SOUTH.

CMC is very sharp with the dig and NCEP very dull with the dig. Really effects later on.

We probably won't have a grasp on how the wave digs until at least tomorrow...and as you said that certainly affects what the storm does later on.

From what I've read EURO is in the CMC camp now correct?

It's not as amped or northwest as the Canadian, but it is no longer as far south as the GFS/NAM.

I'm doomed.

Archived