SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late March snow blitz! March 24-25th

cyclone77

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?  People were getting on me for going with the idea "go big or go home".  You can't be serious, cold and dry is good for nothing but the occasional record (which didn't even happen with this cold snap).

as a heart attack.  I've done the sloppy 2-4" thing enough this winter.

euro still well south....central MS at day 4 then off the seVA coast day 5.  Don't know what happens between then but it does look like it has an inverted trough up thru KY and the 850 0 line gets just north of the Ohio river.

Seems like the EURO may be the outlier at the end of the day.

euro still well south....central MS at day 4 then off the seVA coast day 5.  Don't know what happens between then but it does look like it has an inverted trough up thru KY and the 850 0 line gets just north of the Ohio river.

Has around a quarter inch of QPF up to CMH...drills me (relatively speaking) with .7" liquid that appears to be all frozen by a thin margin in Athens. It's holding steady for sure.

Can't believe the pattern is as wintry as it is. GFS has a system around April 2 that could be snow. Jays home opener and there's a snowstorm? I know they play in a dome but still would be neat.

Last sentence kinda negates your point. It'd be neat if Exhibition Stadium was still around.

I like the exaggerated lore about the 1977 inaugural game. Jays v. White Sox in a "snowstorm". I looked at the climo records at both Pearson and downtown for April 7 of that year. 0.1" and 0.5" respectively. 

That's an understatement. IWX is on the ball it seems, however. I honestly think IND may be one of the worst forecast offices in the OV. I'll leave it at that.

That's a pretty significant comment.

Their afternoon AFD reflects that there is still a bit of uncertainty.  I don't know that I trust them on the idea of only getting 1-2" to stick, but overall, although short, it's not really a bad AFD.

IND downplaying big time.

That's an understatement. IWX is on the ball it seems, however. I honestly think IND may be one of the worst forecast offices in the OV. I'll leave it at that.

Seriously? Why, because they aren't on board with a iffy storm, at the end of winter, with no clear track, and don't put it through your back yard? IND is just as h good as any other office in the region. I've been to their office a few times for ema/skywarn related things and only meet professionals who were proud of their work. Get that crap out of here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Archived